Tomshoo! Titanium wood stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
I'm just waiting for someone to invent titanium water...then we can do some proper weight saving.

Had you considered trying a bottle of de-hydrated water (simply add water and you get WATER !!)

Alternatively carry a small cylinder of Hydrogen and a larger one of oxygen - mix the contents in a ratio of 2:1 (2x Oxygen and 1 x Hydrogen) Shake well and the result is water.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Had you considered trying a bottle of de-hydrated water (simply add water and you get WATER !!)

Alternatively carry a small cylinder of Hydrogen and a larger one of oxygen - mix the contents in a ratio of 2:1 (2x Oxygen and 1 x Hydrogen) Shake well and the result is water.
It's two hydrogen to one water, but otherwise good thinking! ;D

Tony Young

Nov 30, 2018
Northeast england
I'm just waiting for someone to invent titanium water...then we can do some proper weight saving.

I have a pocket stove but always use it with a trangia. I'll do an experiment with sticks later today and see how it goes.
I suppose the trangia provides a smokeless fire/flame without the hassle of having to keep feeding it sticks. But it does lack the romance of a wood fire.
Hmm...I'll play.
Mini saywer filter evernew bag problem solved you never have to pack out water again.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

dandan

Nov 23, 2007
South West France
I have a stainless steel Firebox stove which , although heavy is great.
I have heard about the wood gasifier stoves available. I saw a video or two on Youtube , and decided to buy a Lixada one from Amazon. It is great. Burns clean and hot. An alternative to my Firebox.
Its cheaper than some famous name gasifiers at less than £20.
I have used pellets and twigs , all effective. Although some soot gets on cooking dishes/pans. Will try charcoal next to ensure its even cleaner burn. I recommend it.
Check out Amazon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE