Todays forest walk (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Lookin' good Gill.

It'll be a wee Bank vole or Short tailed vole.
No Dormice up here I think.

Ta for the pics.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Your stop looked like somewhere you'll now remember for a long time. I've not seen any we furry's about but the small birds seem tamer and ready to be fed
thanks for sharing cheers Danny

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
My mam is out and better than she was ,shes just at a bad age,thank you hog,the cap is one of the Telemark ski cap,very similar to our dpm crap cap ,a lot of Royal Marines that do the Norwegian arctic warfare cadder or the Mountain leader course bring them back with them.I have a bit of a fetish for mountain troop gear :rolleyes:

That cap is an old (pre. 80`s) standard army field cap. We still use it, but without the "Kokarde". They now have a sewn royal badge.

Looks like a nice trip.

And your gear looks very good. Especially the smock.

Tor

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Very nice pics. I too had a wander over Christmas in the wood I used to play in as a child. It makes it all the more special when you go to a place to practice bushcraft in a place you already have lots of childhood memories. In my case (and yours from your description of dens, bows etc), this is where I started my interest in what I now call bushcraft.

Seems like a magical day, delighted for you.

What's the knife you have beside the axe in one of the photos btw? Looks nice.

M

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Very nice pics. I too had a wander over Christmas in the wood I used to play in as a child. It makes it all the more special when you go to a place to practice bushcraft in a place you already have lots of childhood memories. In my case (and yours from your description of dens, bows etc), this is where I started my interest in what I now call bushcraft.

Seems like a magical day, delighted for you.

What's the knife you have beside the axe in one of the photos btw? Looks nice.

M

The knife is a modded Fallkniven H1 ,the rubber handle was removed and lovely sambar stag slabs put on.i,ll put a pic up soon M.

Jan 10, 2010
Glasgow
Thanks for sharing these, Gill. So jealous of your little furry visitor LOL, isn't Mother nature amazing. Great that you got to re-live your childhood memories by re-visiting and remembering when you were here as a child.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE