Todays forest walk (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I was going down to my home town this morning to visit my mum who is just out of hospital .I fancied a woodland trip ,so i thought i would visit the woodland of my childhood and kill two birds with one stone.The woodland is very large and has just about every kind of tree you could shake a stick at .
The start of the walk.
Picture2239.jpg

Picture2241.jpg

Picture2232.jpg

Picture2233.jpg

This looked a nice place to stop for a coffee and lunch,free from snow.
Picture2204.jpg

Get the fire going !
Picture2213.jpg
Picture2221.jpg

Getting a brew on !
Picture2209.jpg

Picture2223.jpg
Picture2210-1.jpg

Some of the kit i took with me.
Picture2215.jpg

Had a visitor for lunch.
Picture2228.jpg

Found these lean to shelters on the way out.
Picture2230.jpg

Picture2229.jpg

This wee trip today was magical,as i sat by the fire with my coffee the memories of being a kid playing in this wood every other day flooded back.The woodland was literally a stone throw form my front door so this was our playground ,making dens and tree houses and bow and arrows,not much has changed then in all these years,cause i,m still doing the same things and its great.:D I had the perfect combination of clothes on today ,which i usually have too much on or not enough.:rolleyes:The smock i am wearing is reversible incase you wondered why i had a green one and then white.Thanks for looking.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I am not sure if he was a wee dormouse or not,but i was sitting by the fire and he emerged from a small hole full of bussiness,he was not intimidated by my presence at all ,he played about while i was there for an hour or so,and let me pick him up,so i put him in my cap and took a picture.he was maybe out for the warmth of the fire and i gave him some lunch too.

Omegarod

Forager
Dec 3, 2009
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
I am not sure if he was a wee dormouse or not,but i was sitting by the fire and he emerged from a small hole full of bussiness,he was not intimidated by my presence at all ,he played about while i was there for an hour or so,and let me pick him up,so i put him in my cap and took a picture.he was maybe out for the warmth of the fire and i gave him some lunch too.

Magical moments like this is what it is all about. goodjob

Rod

nevetsjc80

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
buckinghamshire
cool pics i ll be doing much the same this weekend happy days!

Oh like your rucksack which is or where is it from if you dont mind me asking?

steve

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
cool pics i ll be doing much the same this weekend happy days!

Oh like your rucksack which is or where is it from if you dont mind me asking?

steve

The rucksack is a swedish army isue external frame rucksack,beleive it or not they cost a whole £9.99 i think it was from surplus and adventure.they are the dogs and it will probably be one of the best buys you will make for the money Steve.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
what smock is that any links please i have been after one of those for a while?
I dont have a link to the smock i,m afraid Spiritwalker,the smock is a US 10th mountain division windproof cotton reversible ski smock with a coyote fur ruff.they do come about from time to time ,you would maybe be lucky on evilbay .

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Very jealous Gill, cracking pics mate

All this snow and it's just be home-office-home all week for me, on-call at night too so I can't even sneak out for a play.

I like the smock, is it the swedish snow one ?

Edit: Forget that Gill, just seen post #12

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Looks like a great day out, hope your Ma is okay.
Whats the badge on the hat, you look like one of the Telemark raiders.

My mam is out and better than she was ,shes just at a bad age,thank you hog,the cap is one of the Telemark ski cap,very similar to our dpm crap cap ,a lot of Royal Marines that do the Norwegian arctic warfare cadder or the Mountain leader course bring them back with them.I have a bit of a fetish for mountain troop gear :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE