Today, oi av been mostly makin...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
...making three axe sharpening blocks, using 1" ply and an old mouse mat. Oh and a telescopic blow poker from an old radio aerial.

Matt

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
..I have been cutting ash and hazel and cleaving it ready for bowstaves and played with some crook knives.,also drooled over a Roselli axe!

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
also drooled over a Roselli axe!

Did you get to try one out? If you did what do you reckon to them?

Today I have continued working on my new svord knife, I am using a diamond stone to flat the back to remove the secondary bevle. Nearly there, but its slow as I have had a recurrence of the dreaded trigger finger (in 2 fingers this time) and it is painful to grip anything for a long time. I modified my sandvik axe handle (made it slightly narrower and with a bit of S curve) Kept all my axes up to snuff with diamonds/waterstone/strop I do that nearly every day. I roughed out 4 spoon blanks from beech and willow. This morning went with the youngest boy for a walk up to lopham Fen and took dozens of shots which I have been assembling with autostitch eg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28752139@N08/3395840274/
Cheers Jonathan:)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Did you get to try one out? If you did what do you reckon to them?

Very nice.Good controllable weight,and you can use them like a side axe.:cool:

And its got a moose on it..what more do you need!:D

LOL the moose logo is the only thing I dont like about my roselli axe!!
Was it the long or short version? I use a long one. I know exactly what you mean about side axe. Because of the tight radius curve of the cutting edge its awesome for taking deep agressive cut's from a wide board if your hewing one. And for hollowing too on shovels or dishes. Yet its still totally controlable and capable of rizla thin shavings when you use it choked up like a ulu knife. I dont know why roselli dont do a few different sizes, or one with longer tips front and back to get into tight spopt's

Jan 18, 2009
Northern Ireland
Started to make the beginnings of my hobo stove with stuff bought from shops etc. Boiled my first pot of water on it.

Also went out into the back garden and put up my new Gelert 1 person tent to try it out.

Looks like I'll be going out solo again soon.

Alan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE