Toboggan - Group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Howdy Guys and Gals

As part of our Finland Trip in Jan 2015 there are several in our team that will be making Toboggans from 3mm thick XLPE plastic, at the last count there were 5 people that wanted sections of this stuff.

The sheets come in sizes large enough to cut down into 3 Toboggan blanks as it were the dimensions would be 3000mm x 500mm in 3mm black XLPE plastic for each piece cut.

Basically there would be one spare, these cost £25 and would need to be picked up either in the Wirral area or at one of the meets around Manchester (this could be arranged).

So is anyone interested?

If we dont get any interest the order will still go ahead and we'll just keep the extra as a spare.

Thanks

Dave

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good luck with the GB Mr Bromley, sorry but when I read the title sitting here in the coffee shop I nearly spilled coffee on the keyboard. It brought to mind the usually unfunny Billy Connolly sketch about the dinner party with the "Toboggan" punchline. I always liked that one.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I already arranged with Dave to have this. Sorry guys. Too slow. :p

Although looks like you three can get another sheet now?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I'd be interested to know why 500mm, as everything I've read, suggest 16" would be the perfect width? Or is it just that it comes in a 1500mm sheet?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think most sheets are 1500mm Dave, at they were last time I looked.

Just having a quick skeggy at directplastics, they do a 3000x1500x3 sheet of black HDPE for £76 delivered, it'll be stronger and more hard wearing than XLPE, I can look into it if you're interested Gary/Julia? Not sure how you'd get it Julia?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I think most sheets are 1500mm Dave, at they were last time I looked.

Just having a quick skeggy at directplastics, they do a 3000x1500x3 sheet of black HDPE for £76 delivered, it'll be stronger and more hard wearing than XLPE, I can look into it if you're interested Gary/Julia? Not sure how you'd get it Julia?

If I am right in thinking these are the type of toboggan that can be rolled up for transport, then once cut, roll up, stick some gaffer tape round it, and I can have a courier pick it up, if that's ok?

Julia

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm up for it Rich.

If I am right in thinking these are the type of toboggan that can be rolled up for transport, then once cut, roll up, stick some gaffer tape round it, and I can have a courier pick it up, if that's ok?

Julia

Having slept on it I'm going to stick with my original plan of using a Jet Sled jr pulk, I really can't see myself needing a toboggan for the kind of winter trips I do, a small pulk is plenty.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I've ordered the plastic for the original 6, it should arrive tomorrow and I'll cut the strips in work. I will be taking them to Middlewood on the 24th.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE