Toad in a blanket...it new

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My wife has just performed a weird genetic cross between a pig(in a blanket) and a toad (in the hole)

Chipolatas, wrapped in bacon, cooked till sizzling, plunged into a deep yorkshire pudding batter and baked. Served filled with caramalised onions and gravy and accompanied by roast new potatoes and parsnips.

I may burst.

But it was worth it :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll get her to bake you one next time Jon. She makes the best Yorkies does my missus - all light and crisp on the outside but with the doughy bit underneath. She makes her own gravy too :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Been eating that since i was a kid.... my parents liked it.... so i ate i.... it is good though.

Now... a yorkshire breakfast... which is a full english in a giant yorkshire pudding..... is a thing to behold ;)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I surely won't be able to match that, but I'm headed for the kitchen even though I had roast belly pork and trimmings a couple of hours ago; there should be a watershed for posting such mouth-watering temptations! :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Its all about the liveliness of the mix, lots of bubbles... whisk the hell out of it, more eggs is better than less.... hot oven, hot oil, hot as your oven can go..... 20 to 25 mins (gas ones).... jobs a good 'un :)

Sweeeet :beerchug:

Emms has more chance of building a rocket and going to the moon than making an edible Yorkshire pud.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its all about the liveliness of the mix, lots of bubbles... whisk the hell out of it, more eggs is better than less.... hot oven, hot oil, hot as your oven can go..... 20 to 25 mins (gas ones).... jobs a good 'un :)

...and let the batter rest for an hour after making it!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

No, really. She can't make toast.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Been eating that since i was a kid.... my parents liked it.... so i ate i.... it is good though.

Now... a yorkshire breakfast... which is a full english in a giant yorkshire pudding..... is a thing to behold ;)

Sounds cracking Hugh!

Mark- nom nom nom! That truly has made me want one- like nowwwwww! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE