Titanium Mug

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
scanker said:
Glad you got it sorted. I used mine properly this weekend on the First Aid course and my foil windshield has started to go powdery and break down. Bad for the windshield, but good for the stove. It's incredibly quick. I'll just have to make a windshield from some thicker foil - maybe by an MSR windshield and cut it up - unless anyone knows of a cheap source of thick aluminium foil?

I made my windshield from a Tesco disposable roasting tray (£1.79 for two). I haven't tested it yet but i'll give it a try tonight and let you know how it holds up.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Hmmmmm not impressed :(
So the lid is pretty useless, rattles around and gets lost easily, I spose its good for draining pasta ? Mug itself is too big to drink from - or my mouth aint big enough :D Try taking a sip and you you pour tea down your front past the sides of your mouth ! Thats if you don't scold your lip on the cup itself. Surely a cup should be designed principly to drink from rather than hold a gas bottle ?
The spork...well I had arrived at the "all you need to carry is a spoon and your belt knife" conclusion a couple of years back, so I thought treat myself to a luxury spoon /spork/ti-foon. More of a fork than a spoon unfortunately a Forkoon ? disapointment. You won't get much soup in that one, its just too shallow. I ended up carving a wooden one instead.
Well you live and learn - glad i didn't shell out for a Snowpeak or MSR "Mug".

Cheers
Rich

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Personally I wouldn't use the mug to drink from and just for boiling water. It is a shame that it doesn't have some sort of clasp on the lid and also a spout wouldn't have hurt. I use the mug to store a brew kit inside along with a windshield and then a couple of elastic bands holds the up turned lid in position for storage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE