Tips on Loch Maree

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 11, 2014
Stirling
Hiya!

I have wanted to go to Loch Maree for years now and I finally get the chance next month.

Is there anything in particular I should see? I would like to walk a lot, however, not to steep and hard but long would be alright.

Is there a good circular walk? Can I just walk around the Loch, is there a path?

Any suggestions?

:)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I used to spend my summers up there volunteering for the SNH post covering loch maree and beinn eigh. I would live in the mountain rescue post for 6 weeks at a time and spend all my free time roaming the local area. My favourite area was to walk east of the loch along the main road to the wee village, and just past it until you can cross the river on a wee bridge. Follow the tracks through sheep fields until your back at the loch on the other side. My memory is hazy but I would follow the obvious trails up through a gorge and on the other side come to lochan Fada which is just north of loch maree. It is roughly 3-4 hours trek there. A truly cracking trail to follow, and not too tough though it is not circular. It is the kind of area you can wander around for hours and not get bored that's for sure ;) There are also many trails through the forests leading from the car parks and visitor centre so you won't be spoiled for choice

Thanks for posting this, it has brought back many warm memories :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE