Tips from the field

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
one funny item of note wrt head torch around the neck - I have a longish white beard and if I put the torch under my beard it "lights up" - a side effect of the white whiskers I think - interesting to see but of limited use for walking around at night

:lmao:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good post. There are however Thermarest versions that are much warmer. The Thermarest NeoAir All Season and the NeoAir XTherm have very high R values, more than twice that of a closed cell foam pad.

Hi Ross, how do you get on with the noise of those things? I find the NeoAirs all crinkle and rustle when you move - like trying to sleep on a crisp/chip packet.

Very light though.

ATB,
GB

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Excellent post. Made me do a quick evaluation of my own kit to reassure myself its OK as it is. I'd been flirting with swopping my tent for a tarp but you reminded me how much I hate midges.

Re body weight. I've lost 28lbs (equivalent to the weight of my pack) and feel much better for it. I take Banyuls rather than port as its local to me, but for the same reasons.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
If carving a spoon in the woods and the call of nature hits.....don't...whatever you do....get your sandpaper and toilet paper bags mixed up, in low light it's a painful mistake :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE