Tipis and tipi fires at public campsites?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
How would public campsites react to tipis? Are they paranoid about new age travellers?

And more especially how do they react to fires and stoves in tipis? I was hoping to use a small fire contained in a small BBQ grill. It isn’t exactly discrete especially at night when the whole tipi glows even with a tiny fire. A beautiful sight but, not , I suspect ,to the sad types who run campsites.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
i have had no problems using mine. the only trouble has been in the new forest campsites. however i now would rather lose a leg to a rabid wolf than use a FC campsite in the New Forest.

Make sure your BBQ looks like a BBQ. Its easier to justify flames to a sceptical landowner who cooks burnt sausages at the weekend.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
I might go and buy a wood burning tent stove just to keep 'em quiet. Not the same atmosphere as an open fire but anything for a quiet life

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Thinking about it (having had experience of various campsites) the owners just want to protect the ground. So as long as whatever fire / stove you use doesn't wreck the grass, you should be ok.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE