Tipi tents ?1 advice info etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

funky_rick

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2009
monmouth
Hey guys I am looking to buy a tipi tent, but I wish to be able to travel with it fairly easily so obviously a 10kg option is not suitable, I have what i think is a reasonable budget up to £500,
could anyone make any recommendations please?
and suggest where to shop. I do want something suitable to put a small fire box in.

thanks Rick

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
hi yea thats exactly the one i am just looking at, can anyone tell me how good they are?

I've not actually seen one in the flesh yet but I've heard good things about them, try doing a search on here and you should get some reviews. I think when I come to get one if I don't go for a polycotton model I'll go for the Tinde.

funky_rick

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2009
monmouth
not sure its quite what i had in mind as i want to use it on a weekly basis all year round so a small fire, stove, wood burner or fire box will be used inside.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have a Helsport Porsanger 8 - 10. Use it all year round, with or without the stove setup.

I bought mine from Tamarack Outdoors, but can't link to it as the school server blocks their website!

If you do decide to buy one from Tamarack, remember that they give 15%discount to Full Members here.

No link to seller, just a satisfied customer.

Simon

funky_rick

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2009
monmouth
thats great thanks, I am having problems finding reviews on here if anyone has any links to them that would be great.
thanks again

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
Hey guys I am looking to buy a tipi tent, but I wish to be able to travel with it fairly easily so obviously a 10kg option is not suitable, I have what i think is a reasonable budget up to £500,
could anyone make any recommendations please?
and suggest where to shop. I do want something suitable to put a small fire box in.

thanks Rick

STOP! LOOK NO FURTHER,you need to check out the following link,i use the four man tipi for myself it weighs a mere 2.5kg complete,for the family an 8man version it weighs just over 7lbs,i also use their stove ,yes a flat pack stove medium size which weighs 4lb 10oz,never had a problem with the kit brilliant for backpacking the kit,all specially designed.The link is https://www.kifaru.net/tipi2009.htm,you will not sleep tonight with excitment.cappi

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
hi cappi
i cant get the link to work and the only site i can find puts these at above my budget :0(

hi funky yeah for some reason no good,try www.kirafu.net or kirafu tipi in google,i think the 4man is about 770 us roughly £460 the stove comes in at about £200 thats medium small would do .listen save a bit extra after all it`s an investment in you and comfort in the bush,ring em to chat,you will never look back.cappi

funky_rick

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2009
monmouth
they are well nice but still its enough money, i was thinking about the option from Tamarack outdoors the Porsanger does look like its good and just a better price for a similar product

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
they are well nice but still its enough money, i was thinking about the option from Tamarack outdoors the Porsanger does look like its good and just a better price for a similar product

The other option funky rick is to "wait for it" get in touch with.http://www.ventile.co.uk buy the selected material as they sell different grades. source the guys etc then get back on here to your bushcraft family and ask for help to make your own design,good option?,cappi

funky_rick

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2009
monmouth
now that is quite a cool idea, but i don't have a huge amount of time, lol, i know full of excuses. but I hope to use it when i run my group scout camp at the end of July.

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
now that is quite a cool idea, but i don't have a huge amount of time, lol, i know full of excuses. but I hope to use it when i run my group scout camp at the end of July.

HOLD IT! two options get in touch with the powers to be in bcuk to ask if possible to loan a tipi for the duration then save like mad for the be-spoke option for yourself,or if no good,with with bcuk put an help! help! out to your family bushcrafters,locally to borrow the size needed,after you say thank you with a bushcraft pressie,then save likre mad for the be-spoke tipi for yourself,BRILLIANT.CAPPI

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Just to whet your appetite a bit more, here are some images of my Porsanger...

At Middlewood - last winter Meet
DSCN2372.jpg

Same Meet - inside view
DSCN2379.jpg

HTH?

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE