Tipi Idiot's Guide?

C

Chitterne

I've tried searching without much success. Looking for a backpackable family tipi (if such a thing exists!).

Grateful for any links and recommendations (-particularly what to avoid).

Many thanks!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Try looking at the Helsport range...I got mine from Tamarack
http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/
DSC00284.JPG

Alternatively, you could PM Andywinkk as I know he is looking at making some as part od his existing business....

HTH

Simon

C

Chitterne

All: Thanks. Quite a range of choice!

Not sure that I buy into the outer-only-no-groundsheet kifaru/ti-goat philosophy for use in Brit conditions -in wet conditions, it wouldn't be long before the interior became a mud-bath!

The full-on arctic tent type tipis look great. Vehicle-borne use only I suspect. Not sure I want tipi as family tent if using a vehicle - I think something with 'rooms' maybe a little more practical.

For backpacking, the Kathmandu bivi tent sounds like it might be the thing -but their website couldn't be accused of being 'picture heavy'! Anyone got a pic?

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Where will you be packpacking with it? eg how long will you travel each day? will it be just you carrying it or will the load be shared? does it have to be a tip? there are a lot of tents out there which will accomodate a family and yet are very very light. Hillerberg for instance.
Will it be used for wild camping etc?

Im looking at a tipi for canoe camping where the weight does not seem so critical but for backpacking it will be pretty important.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE