timepiece

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi folks,

Now, in 'normal' life I tend not to wear a watch as there seem to be so many places to get the time from ie, phone, comp, random stranger etc but I want to get a watch for my outdoor adventures. Can anyone recommend a watch that they use?

Thanks

kim ;)

Jan 22, 2006
UK
I use a Casio Pathfinder with compass, barometer and altimeter. The compass works great, but I have found the barometer and altimeter to be off. I can calibrate it with my GPS, but I just haven't had a chance to do it. Overall, it's a nice watch.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I got a seiko kinetic divers watch from Lin (swmbo) for krimbo. I must have been very, very good indeed. I love it as it has a really solid feel to it. I mainly got it for use when out wandering that and I have coveted one for years.

Greg

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
strangely, I tend to wear a watch for normal life, but make a point of NOT wearing one at weekends, or when outdoors.

I prefer to 'go with the flow' and use daylight as a rough clock at weekends ... too many deadlines during the week, without having them in the woods as well.. :)

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
I've come to not wear a watch most of the time. If I'm out and about outdoors then it'll be the G Shock which is proving the test of time.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
cheap timex expedition job - less than £25 and bomb proof.

I have worn timex expedition watches for years and they are great. The last one survived over 5 years and has only been replaced at crimbo.
Swatch do great simple watches that I swore by as a nipper as they told the time no matter what i put them thru. There are loads of great timepieces out there for cheap.
Greg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Vostok, automatic action so no batteries to worry about. Takes a knock in its' stride, looks good, keeps great time and so far is my most favourite watch I have ever owned. The sweep hand on the second hand is also nice. You can pick them up for under forty quid delivered to your door.

HPIM2583-1.jpg

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Many thanks for all the help and advice guys, given me loads to think about........and of course the possibility of buying a nice shiny new piece of kit!

Kim

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I have a Traser H3 P6500. I think it's great, very lightweight and of course you can read it in total darkness ( for the next ten years anyway ;) )

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
I have a Traser H3 P6500. I think it's great, very lightweight and of course you can read it in total darkness ( for the next ten years anyway ;) )

Ditto. Good watch. Surprising light (I don't notice it on my wrist - it’s made from some very tough resin type stuff) and streamlined - I thought it looked very chunky on the website but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. Although if you go for this option I'd advise you to get one of the newer ones (I think they are called the P6508 Code Blue). Mine is an old one and doesn't have a traser marker on the second hand, which can be pain sometimes. Bought mine from Flecktarn.co.uk, also very good service.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Thanks again everyone,

I've opted for the traser 6508. I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

Kim

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Don't have one at the moment, but I used to have a nurses fob watch - something like these ones:

http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/pocket-nurses.html

Useful mainly due to the small size, and the fact that its not on your wrist, meaning it doesn't get knocked about if you're doing rough work with your hands. You can also pin it up in your tent/hammock etc (as long as you're used to reading the clock upside down :rolleyes: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE