Tim Lloyd Folding Griddle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
So I asked our new maker, Tim Lloyd, if he would make me a new folding griddle, and he sent me a few piccies, which I thought I'd share with the forum. :)

From the number of different designs available, [Ray Mears Folding Griddle, Ronnies Sunshine Folding Grill] I decided I liked British Reds design, the best, and so asked Tim to come up with something very similiar.

He knocked it up in double quick time.

So here it is, will look a little nicer once its had a rub down with a bit of oil. Didn't have a chance to do that before taking the photos.
Measures 12 x 24 inches and stands around 10 inches tall. The legs also splay out a little more than it looks in the photo.

photo1_zpsd1b50de7.jpg

photo2_zpsa4f621b3.jpg

photo3_zpsc89546f9.jpg

I'll be going to spend a week in the woods soon, and do some canoeing. I'll take this along, and post some piccies of it in use. :)

My Thanks to Tim.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It cost a very reasonable £45 delivered. Theres a little weld on the bolts to stop the legs coming loose, falling off, apparently a problem with the cheaper ones.
To have forged rivets, would have driven the cost up.
Still, much cheaper than Mr Mears griddle.

Last edited:

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Looks very nice indeed. Tims in downtown Sydling St Nicholas in Dorset, I think, so Ive got another reason to go to the village Open Gardens, if only to peer through the gate.

Tim Lloyd

May 6, 2014
Dorset
Hey Dave, only just seen this (thanks for the pm!) been a bit manic here over the last few weeks. Thanks for review and putting up some pics, it looks great in action. Glad you are pleased with it! Great idea with the sand bag as well, might have to pinch that idea!

If anyone would like one feel free to send me a PM. I can also make them to your own design if you like. I was thinking of doing one with half of the bars closer together to act more as a BBQ grill. Will also put it up in the Trade and Dealers section when I get a chance.

Looks very nice indeed. Tims in downtown Sydling St Nicholas in Dorset, I think, so Ive got another reason to go to the village Open Gardens, if only to peer through the gate.

Did you make it to the open gardens potboiler? I had a table out on the 'busy' high street selling my wares. Although my forge is actually just outside of Maiden Newton, so the most you would see looking through our gate are some slightly limp looking tomato plants! Needless to say our gardens were not open to the public. But anyone is welcome to pop over to the forge to say hello, just send me a PM first to make sure I'm there.

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Sadly I didn't get to your village event, Tim, but I must work out what I want and PM you. Hope it was a worthwhile weekend anyway.

Tim Lloyd

May 6, 2014
Dorset
Thanks Dave, that's pretty much what I used to use when out night fishing on the beach. Had a go at making up a couple today which ill stick in the trade section now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE