Tiffin pot

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I've just come across these on ebay and was wondering if they'd be useful for bushcraft.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Loop-Handle-B...oryZ16036QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270072235746

Their intended use is for holding curry and they've just started being introduced into UK takeaways, where by they'll send out a tiffin pot with curry and what not in and then later have the empties collected.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to put them onto a fire though.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
I've got the three layer one and I love it. But I am a fan of cold curry. I prefer them to tupperware/lakeland etc.

I used to work with a couple of chaps from bangalore and while I was eating my dried up sandwich from the garage they'd be tucking in to spicy veg curry, rice with peas and crispy popadum sprinkled on top...I swore I'd get a dubba as soon as I could.

The only thing to bear in mind is they are not huge (about 4" diameter). Enough for a curry/stew and rice and some flat bread for lunch. or some kid of pudding.

I'd guess that they'd be OK for a bit of gentle re-heating but they have an airtight seal that you'd have to open

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE