Tides

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
" I had to look up 'reefer ship'. It initially brought to mind something of a rastafarian nature."

lol-030.gif
lol-030.gif
Nooo! Actually she wasn't a true 'Reefer' as in fully refridgerated, long time ago but if I remember correctly she just had big 'fridge lockers on her 'tween deck which would be loaded with Danish Bacon etc: at Kiel when we came home through the canal from Gdynia in Poland, with timber for Hull.

" Muck, slime, mud. We waded"... (quote..Drain Bamaged)

Good. Now we're back to Tengu's original post...:D

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Heading back to Tenu's original post, my wife's full CV lists one of her first jobs as 'winkle picker'. Paid per weight when a teenager.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
wicca has given a pretty thorough description. Tides are fascinating, a sailor's friend and enemy. Have you ever sailed in the Humber, Wicca? The tidal currents are so strong, they survey constantly and republish charts of the channels and sandbanks fortnightly.

That's filled me with confidence. I'm just puting my first wee yacht into Hull marina. We're doomed, doomed I tell you!!!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE