Tidal web sites.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hi all,

Over the past few weeks I've been going down the shore attempting to forage up some seaside edibles, and mostly come away empty handed. Just don't ask me about the burnt gutweed..:yuck: Anyways, being a short distance from the coast means I really don't need to check out tides etc online or from a book, as it's easy to just look when I'm in town, but it's still useful just to double check my arithmetic.. :rolleyes: I've been using the BBC's site coastal tides but today I discovered this little gem, from "Admiralty EasyTide" you can get upto 7days prediction free, however if you want to know more than that in advance you have to register and pay for it. I think it's easier to use and easier to see the high and low tides, like today was a spring tide, with a low of -0.1 meters... those damn razor clams were lucky I couldn't get out I tell ya..:lmao:

Just thought it might be useful to someone else out there.

Cheers,

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
shame about the clams mate but stick with it....

i would say again get a tide pocket boot for £2 keep it in ur pocket get the lot for that and minimum size shell fish you may collect etc.....

they are REALY GOOD........

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
shame about the clams mate but stick with it....

i would say again get a tide pocket boot for £2 keep it in ur pocket get the lot for that and minimum size shell fish you may collect etc.....

they are REALY GOOD........

I'll keep an eye out for the book and see what it's like, if it's going to be useful I'll certainly get it. However if it only contains what I can already either see or get online ( MLS are available via DEFRA ) I may not. I know that there may be local restrictions, so it would be good for that...

One day soon oh yes one day soon those razors will be mine. Another 14 days to wait til next spring tide.. :)

Cheers,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE