Tichbourne „Moose Hunter” with Tom Krein scandi regrind

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PiterM

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2009
Poland
Some years ago I received a knife as a gift from a good friend – it was George Tichbourne “Moose Hunter”. It’s a 5” blade knife made of 0.125 stock 440C stainless steel. Cocobolo handle and Northen style leather sheath. I really liked it a lot! It’s a good overall utility knife, with great performance as hunter/skinner and camp kitchen knife.

tichbourne_2.jpg

However, this last Summer I really understood the benefits of scandi grind so I sent my knife to Tom Krein and asked him to change the gring from convex to scandi. I just got it back and I’m really pleased with it! It started life as Tichbourne “Moose Hunter, but now it’s Tichbourne & Krein “Moose Slicer”:

tich_krein_01.jpg

tich_krein_02.jpg

It was great hunter's knife. But now it's awesome woodsman's tool :]

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's lovely, i really like the whole shape, although some would argue about a scandi grind over convex. If it's what you love to use though then good one you :D

PiterM

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2009
Poland
Yes, after my 2-weeks trip to Beskid Niski this summer with scandi-ground knife I strongly prefer scandi over convex :D

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Lovely! George has been making those for a good long time. He deserves greater recognition. The scandi grind over is pretty cool and well done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE