Three freshly carved oak spoons

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
As I'm off work with a broken leg I decided to get into some spoon carving, i finished the big dishing spoon i had previously started, knocked out a small eating spoon for myself, and then made a spoon for my god son, don't really know where the funky shape idea came from, just kind of evolved as I whittled. they are all carved from some seasoned oak I got a while back, pretty pleased with it but it's so hard to say it's finished and put it down! just want to keep shaving little bits off and sanding again.

5ec15bb7-777b-39a1.jpg

5ec15bb7-77b0-c620.jpg

5ec15bb7-77ce-52da.jpg

5ec15bb7-77e4-fb88.jpg

5ec15bb7-77fe-c8ca.jpg

5ec15bb7-780f-cefa.jpg

5ec15bb7-781f-2b6d.jpg

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
No nothing else but the F1 and crook knife and some sandpaper, the hole in the little spoon was really hard work but I basically drilled it with the tip of the knife......took a while!

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
No nothing else but the F1 and crook knife and some sandpaper, the hole in the little spoon was really hard work but I basically drilled it with the tip of the knife......took a while!

Nice one on the hole, I know how hard it is to drill with the knife tip so nice one on sticking with it! :)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great spoons, must have been tough work with them all seasoned.

Hope the legs improving, are you weight bearing yet?

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
Great spoons, must have been tough work with them all seasoned.

Hope the legs improving, are you weight bearing yet?

Not weight bearing yet no, seeing the doc Thursday and that's when I'm due to start "light" load bearing, after 6 1/2 weeks I'm gagging to get mobile! but will be a tough process as I basically had my knee rebuilt! looking forward to my first trip back to the woods.

Oh and it was very hard with the oak seasoned, makes me wish I had done these when I first got it and it was green!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE