Threading needles for the hamfisted.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Being of the sausage fingered variety I sometimes have trouble threading needles. You can get devices to help but I tend to break or lose them and anyroad they cost money.

heres a simple modification to a quick un pick that I've found very useful. It's just some suitably gauged fuse wire trapped under the lid of the unpicker. When it snaps you simply remove the lid, pull out some more wire, put a bend it it and trap both ends under the lid again.

image_zpsabb80df8.jpg

ATB

Tom

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice one :D That's a tidy diy tool :D

I've resorted to pestering one of the menfolks to solder the wires into the needle threaders :sigh: and even then they don't last. Cheap and cheerful 'happy lucky flying chicken factory' stuff again :rolleyes: One of my Mother's (and she'd dead nearly forty years) is still going strong though.

atb,
M

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah, and they break every damned time they're used :sigh:
It's not the cost; it's the complete frustration and inconvenience of the thrice damned things :(

M

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yup bought a pack in a pound shop and they didn't even last one session, also with my paws those little silver foil things are fiddly so a nice chunky handle suits me fine.

He said defensively ....

atb

tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE