Thoughts on this...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beards

Oct 3, 2010
East Yorkshire
Hey guys,

Just wanted your thoughts on what this could possibly be...

Was wandering through some small woods with a friend today with a view to possibly doing some wild camping/solo camping and came across the following. We thought it may be a storage pen for Pheasants, before shooting season, but I thought I'd check first... Any ideas?

Had a couple of Lean-to's in the surrounding area, couple of hanging rope nooses and a large water tank that hasn't been used in a while, around the area.
Tracks through the long grass/nettles etc was a few days old, however, it looks like its had a walk through every few months .
file.php

file.php

file.php

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Hey guys,

Just wanted your thoughts on what this could possibly be...

Was wandering through some small woods with a friend today with a view to possibly doing some wild camping/solo camping and came across the following. We thought it may be a storage pen for Pheasants, before shooting season, but I thought I'd check first... Any ideas?

Had a couple of Lean-to's in the surrounding area, couple of hanging rope nooses and a large water tank that hasn't been used in a while, around the area.
Tracks through the long grass/nettles etc was a few days old, however, it looks like its had a walk through every few months .
file.php

file.php

file.php

I have seen a similar thing in Woods near me. Inside the wood there was a fenced off area with water tanks and what looked like feeding areas (but empty). There was also little open area of fence for I'm assuming animals to get in through.

I was assuming same as you that it was for pheasants or some other animal to go in and feed etc?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
AFAIK you can't unless you're a paid-up full member. As you stand at the moment you need to use a 3rd party image storage such as Photobucket.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Can't see the pics, but from your info I'm guessing it's a pheasant rearing pen, to keep the youngsters in untill they're big enough to be released.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE