This looks more like it.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Was looking through an old hard drive there and found the Viking movie section.
Beowulf & Grendel (2005) - Gerald Butler murdering any attempt at an accent but nice scenery. 6/10.
Outlander (2009) - Jim Caviezel showing his full gamut of emotions; from A to B. 6/10.
The Norseman (1978). A real doozy. Lee Majors (yes the Six Million Dollar Man) complete with adult movie star moustache and Texas drawl as a horned helm wearing Viking. Fighting American Indians. Bad music, out of focus and so awful it's not even "bad awful". Though you should watch it just to say you have. 0/10.
The Viking Sagas (1995). Shot in Iceland with an Icelandic cast it's worth a watch and is a by truer to source. Beautiful scenery, cool Icelandic ponies, slightly dodgy special effects. 8/10.
The Vikings (1958) Stellar cast including Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis & Ernest Borgnine. Okay it falls into all the cliches but can be forgiven for being the grand-daddy of them all. Over acted, over coloured with much quaffing of ale and cutting of benches braids. 8.5/10.

(The scores are for Viking movies and not film in general)

Hamish has already talked about 13th Warrior, good fun romp.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Was looking through an old hard drive there and found the Viking movie section.
Beowulf & Grendel (2005) - Gerald Butler murdering any attempt at an accent but nice scenery. 6/10.
Outlander (2009) - Jim Caviezel showing his full gamut of emotions; from A to B. 6/10.
The Norseman (1978). A real doozy. Lee Majors (yes the Six Million Dollar Man) complete with adult movie star moustache and Texas drawl as a horned helm wearing Viking. Fighting American Indians. Bad music, out of focus and so awful it's not even "bad awful". Though you should watch it just to say you have. 0/10.
The Viking Sagas (1995). Shot in Iceland with an Icelandic cast it's worth a watch and is a by truer to source. Beautiful scenery, cool Icelandic ponies, slightly dodgy special effects. 8/10.
The Vikings (1958) Stellar cast including Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis & Ernest Borgnine. Okay it falls into all the cliches but can be forgiven for being the grand-daddy of them all. Over acted, over coloured with much quaffing of ale and cutting of benches braids. 8.5/10.

(The scores are for Viking movies and not film in general)

Hamish has already talked about 13th Warrior, good fun romp.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.
Forgot about old Gerrard Butler as Beowulf! Still better than the animated film that came out later

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Only problem with subtitles..... you spend as much time reading, as you do watching, so you end up missing out on a lot of what you should be looking at, because your not hearing what you should be!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Not me. Are you fluent enough to just watch french movies without subs then Mark?

The last three days, the original one in french is miles better than the russell crowe version. In fact theres a load of good french films which I watch with the subs.

Cant watch dubbed movies, like watching sandy, piggy and monkey when i was a kid.....urrrggghhh

Dreadhead

There is also the norwegian TV show birkebeinerne 'the birch legs' coming soon which looks ok

[video=youtube;hf0zON29z3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf0zON29z3c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Oh yeh, Hagar the horrible. He was great. SKOL!

[video=youtube;CkoKvDEKP3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkoKvDEKP3k[/video]

Cough. You know I see a resemblance there John......Now if you just had some red beard dye......

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh yeh, Hagar the horrible. He was great. SKOL!

[video=youtube;CkoKvDEKP3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkoKvDEKP3k[/video]

Cough. You know I see a resemblance there John......Now if you just had some red beard dye......

:lmao:
You do realise that they're already planning for his humiliation (sorry, charitable efforts) for the next moot ?
John Fenna, redhead :D

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE