This Festive season PLEASE DON'T DRINK & DRIVE !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
drink12gk.jpg

Too many people are hurt or killed every year through selfishness and stupidity.

Have fun....... Stay safe........and please don't drink and drive. :biggthump

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Well said. It only took me 30 years to figure out that drinking wasn't for me. If you're gonna drink, PLEASE, someone designate themself as sober driver to get their friends home safe and sound. That way you can enjoy their company next year too.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Well said Dave, one thing I'm totally against is drink driving, as soon as I finish work tomorrow, the car tends to get put away and its walking for most of the weekend. I am slightly lucky in that Sam rarely drinks :-D

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I find the younger generation tends to avoid drinking and driving whereas older people have more ingrained bad behaviour. I know a couple of my friends parents that still think they will be alright after sharing a bottle of wine etc. I can,t seem to get through to them. :?:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
My house mate and I went with some friends to the pub last summer. We were all in separate cars, I don't really drink and had to travel on before evening, my housemate does drink and stayed on into the night.

After quite a few drinks my normally safe housemate wasn't thinking too clearly and decided to head home rather than crash at a local mate's. No one else noticed him leave.

He drove himself into a wood, not even a wood on a direct route home. Wrote off the car but fortunately didn't hurt himself or anyone else. The hitch was that it was a company car, he was a service engineer, and when the police came along and checked him he was about 3 times over the limit. Bye-bye license for 2 years, bye bye job.

He now has to cycle 20 miles a day to work, and is making a lot less money!

Even if no one is hurt, drunk driving can still mess up your life.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
C_Claycomb said:
My house mate and I went with some friends to the pub last summer. We were all in separate cars, I don't really drink and had to travel on before evening, my housemate does drink and stayed on into the night.

After quite a few drinks my normally safe housemate wasn't thinking too clearly and decided to head home rather than crash at a local mate's. No one else noticed him leave.

He drove himself into a wood, not even a wood on a direct route home. Wrote off the car but fortunately didn't hurt himself or anyone else. The hitch was that it was a company car, he was a service engineer, and when the police came along and checked him he was about 3 times over the limit. Bye-bye license for 2 years, bye bye job.

He now has to cycle 20 miles a day to work, and is making a lot less money!

Even if no one is hurt, drunk driving can still mess up your life.

That's a very good example Chris. I like the odd beer, but like Lithril, I will not drive for anyone if I've had anything to drink. Yet I do find it surprising the number of people who will say "you've only had one...It'll be OK" Well for me, it's not OK! If I've had one, it's one too many for driving. The thing that bothers me is this.... If I was 100% sober and had an accident where someone was hurt, I could look at the reasons. Is my car mechanically safe? Was my technique to blame?, was it the road conditions, was it the other parties fault?. But after even one drink, I think I'd always wonder "was it because I had a beer" and you have to live with that for the rest of your life..... And that's a worry I don't need :nono:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Lithril said:
Well said Dave, one thing I'm totally against is drink driving, as soon as I finish work tomorrow, the car tends to get put away and its walking for most of the weekend.

Well said and a sound policy. We do the same, but dont forget the morning driving after a session the night before and still being over the limit. Whilst I also abhor drunk and drugged drivers, I hate giving the taliban an easy opportunity to ruin peoples Christmases either. Plod were all over one of the ferry terminals during the week interrogating drivers waiting for the boat in the hope of easy pickings.
Have a safe and joyful Christmas. :wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE