Third Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Magikelly...........Hammock arrived this morning. Very pleased with it and quite surprised how light it is. Thank you for all you did. Abracadabra al caziz, there, you should have a pint infront of you right now..........Hope it worked..........Jon

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
MagiKelly said:
I use the same knots and find they work really well with the climbing tape. Also the climbing tape does not stretch at all but it will be interesting to see the difference.

This is not climbing tape and I recommend that you don’t use this instead of climbing tape for climbing. (Sorry gust covering my bottom for legal reasons)
This does the same thing (not for climbing) but a lot cheaper why pay £15 climbing tape this works, trust me. ;)

Were not talking about a 300mm stretch here maybe 5mm- 10mm depending on how you tie the knots. Which I think has a lot do with it because it some times happens with the Eco System I have. :confused:

I apologise if I come across argumentative or angry far from it just been drinking Guinness all day. :beerchug:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
You're right enough to disclaim and set the record straight.
I met a lad at the cimbing wall one day with olive green prussick cords hanging off his harness. I'd never seen that grade of rope in OG before so asked him where he'd got it. Turned out to be 6mm para-cord and he was a bit spooked to find out.
It was all knotted right and cut nicely to his custom length, he'd even practiced ascending using them, but they had no right to be on his rack, just a slip-up because it looked the part.

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
John, got my hammock yesterday. Looks a quality item and can't wait to test it out (sadly the missus wouldn't let me sling it in the bedroom :( ). Shame, tho, that my home made affair had the seams in it- dimensions and weight are very similar... ach, well. At the risk of sounding cliched.... :You_Rock_

Thanks once again.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Angus Og said:
Also thinking about using two of these instead of karabiners.

I’ve also sent away for the smaller sizes to try them out. 5mm 4mm

I'll post some pictures when I get them.

Got the steel O rings samples this morning. Personally I’m going to be buy the 5mm by 35mm this is about the right size for the hammock and easy to tie the tape on to.

So from Point North you can get 10m of 20mm of tape and two 5mm by 35mm steel O rings for £5.00 posted which I think is dam good.

The one on the left is 5mm by 35mm, 20. g
The one in the centre is 4mm by 25mm, 9.3 g
The one on the right is 6mm by 55mm, 27.2 g
And the screw gate karabiner I use is 1 = 60 g

Steel O rings next to the RM Eco System steel O ring on the top.

And a close up of the 5mm by 35mm next to the Eco System O ring.

Click on the pictures to enlarge

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
If you are going to use the rings then you can still attach them to the rope that comes with the hammocks and then tie the tape to them. Certianly the carabiners I have are pretty heavy so the rings would be lighter, a lot lighter.

Also that is a great price. The rings alone are about £3 at my local boat chandlers. For my caribiners and climbing tape I spent a total of £35. Having recieved the tape from Angus Og (thanks again) I can say the climbing tape is much better but then again it costs way more and the tape is clearly doing the job so, I will keep the climbing tape on my hammoch but I will try be using the new tape on the others, probably the rings too.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Hi John
I know it's a bit cheeky but..... :D
If you have any more hammocks can i have one please?
Thankyou
Ian

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
Hello John, If you do have any extra hammocks or if you give in and do another group buy I will have another one please.
Thanks for your help.
Andrew. :)

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
MagiKelly said:
Probably not, it just means the 15 hammocks that people have not yet contacted me about may end up in a different home ;)

15! :eek: :rant:Just give me a list and I'll send my dogs around to lick them to death...

Seriously, a group buy is a service some of us have done for the community and if it is abused...

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
im sorry i am one of the culprits :sad6: but i cant send check off till 2moz so i will alpolagize but it will defonaltly be with u with in the next few days

MagiKelly

Bumblebee said:
15! :eek: :rant:Just give me a list and I'll send my dogs around to lick them to death...

Seriously, a group buy is a service some of us have done for the community and if it is abused...

Aaaaaargh! Just typed a long reply then lost it when I hit submit :(

Anyway to sumarise I have not PMed anyone I just expect they will notice within a week or so of the hammocks arriving. After then I will PM them and after that they go to someone else. So far with the first two buys this has worked fine. The only person who did not get back to me after repeated PM ing was Dhole and Nooky noy has his hammock. Given that there are always people asking for more hammocks I am pretty relaxed about the posability of people not claiming theirs. Someone else will take it and it will be them who has missed out.

It actually suits if people claim their hammocks over a week, it means I do not have to address and post 50 hammocks all at once.

stevem

Oct 2, 2005
suffolk
sorry for the delay i have just sent payment by paypal
thanks for the chance to sleep in the air and off the ground.

MagiKelly

Angus Og said:
Got the steel O rings samples this morning. Personally I’m going to be buy the 5mm by 35mm this is about the right size for the hammock and easy to tie the tape on to.

So from Point North you can get 10m of 20mm of tape and two 5mm by 35mm steel O rings for £5.00 posted which I think is dam good.

Just ordered 8 of the rings and I have ordered 10m of the nylon 20mm webbing. It says it is softer so I thought I would try it as well for comparison. £0.50 per m though so will have to see if it is worth the difference.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE