Third Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just out of interest , I was in B&Q today and came across some smallish laquered caribinas made by Master Lock

They feel too heavy to be aluminium and they are marked "Not for Climbing" but they seem strong enough for the hammock I got and they are lighter than my climbing crabs.

The best bit is they're just under 2 quid each.

Even if they're not up to the hammock for everyone it's still a good price for a gear crab.

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
MagiKelly said:
I keep expecting a flood of pictures from those that have bought these, after all there is about 90 out there amongst the membership but like me they must have not got round to taking pictures yet.
Aw go on then...

Head end higher to stop me dozing off in my lunch break. Spot some other group buys too.
hammock2.jpg

and some woodland weirdo having just run back across the river trying to get in before 10s timer on camera expires.
hammock3.jpg

I'll let you know quantity in a couple of days, once I find out from some friends if they really want to go ahead or not.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I'd like 2 please John.

As an aside, I have not managed to use the hammock properly yet due to work/family commitments at the moment.
Does any one know if my Khatmandu(spelling?) 2.5x2.5m basha will give enough coverage, or will I have to splash out on a larger one?

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
2 Wolf Man
2 Wildrover
? Povarian

1 CraigM9
2 Scruff
1 Wayland
2 AndyN
1 Pterton
2 Moonraker
1 Shankly
2 Soa_uk
1 Bombadil
1 Innocent Bystander
1 Blankfisherman
? Ogri the Trog
3 lignum vitae
1 Roy's Badger
1 stevo
1 big lizard
1 clipper
1 allanscot
1 gaz_miggy

30 ish so far. About half way. I am willing to take about 5 for myself as I can always give them away as Christmas Presents and also I am sure that if we do get enough for a third order there are bound to be a few people looking for hammocks after the fact.

MagiKelly

soa_uk said:
John, could you up my request to 2(two)?

Of course. Not a bad idea to go for a spare. If this is not the last group buy it will certainly be the last for a long time anyway. If you look back through the previous buys it is quite noticable that a lot of people have bought one then taken more at the next opertunity.

My plan is to wait till we get to 40 then I will place the order. Once we have reached that point I am confident the remainder will find a home. Even if it is just to supply those who wished they had ordered more ;)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
MagiKelly,
Finally got confirmation of my numbers, can I go for three please.
Must try to get photos of the first one to add to those already posted.

Cheers buddy

Ogri the trog

MagiKelly

2 Wolf Man
2 Wildrover
? Povarian
1 CraigM9

2 Scruff
1 Wayland
2 AndyN
1 Pterton
2 Moonraker
1 Shankly
2 Soa_uk
1 Bombadil
1 Innocent Bystander
1 Blankfisherman
3 Ogri the Trog
4 lignum vitae
1 Roy's Badger
1 stevo
1 big lizard
1 clipper
1 allanscot
1 gaz_miggy

33 ish so far. 8 to go before I place the order.

MagiKelly

2 Wolf Man
2 Wildrover
1 Povarian
1 CraigM9
2 Scruff

1 Wayland
2 AndyN
1 Pterton
2 Moonraker
1 Shankly
2 Soa_uk
1 Bombadil
1 Innocent Bystander
1 Blankfisherman
3 Ogri the Trog
4 lignum vitae
1 Roy's Badger
1 stevo
1 big lizard
1 clipper
1 allanscot
1 gaz_miggy

1 Pignut
1 Morch

35 so far. 5 to go before I place the order

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE