thinking about getting a gas stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Flash git. :D

Not sure if you'll like the Ti version Rich, the walls of the pot are supposedly super thin and the cozy is pretty much a stocking - definitely hardcore. :D

Lol, it had to be done really :)

Time for a clear out though once I've had a play

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Damn pesky RVOps, I'd not heard anything since I placed my order last week. I emailed them this morning and they've just told me they don't have any in stock.

So annoying :banghead:

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
I'm looking around for a lightweight all in one cooking system at the mo, the new smaller 800ml jetboils look good but can you fit a boil in the bag meal in one? I know the older 1L ones were popular with the military for this reason.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm looking around for a lightweight all in one cooking system at the mo, the new smaller 800ml jetboils look good but can you fit a boil in the bag meal in one? I know the older 1L ones were popular with the military for this reason.

Not sure Col, I know you can swap the cups though.

I eat dehydrated stuff as it's much lighter, then it's a case of pouring the boiled water into the bag

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Fair enough, I have a dehydrator and have been meaning to make my own dehydrated meals which would be good, however with all this size + weight saved on some trips it's nice to move the weight saved to other areas, food mainly :D

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com

You can fit MRE main entre's in them, but you have to put em in sideways rather than standing up. I havent tried cooking one yet, just tested for fit - I might give one a go later, I fancy a bit of Chilli Mac 'n Cheese. :D

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Not sure Col, I know you can swap the cups though.

I eat dehydrated stuff as it's much lighter, then it's a case of pouring the boiled water into the bag

Apologies if you already know this Rich, but the difference between the Titanium version and the Ally version is just the cup - the stove part is the same on both stoves. I think if the stove part had been made of Ti, I'd have prolly gone that way myself.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Apologies if you already know this Rich, but the difference between the Titanium version and the Ally version is just the cup - the stove part is the same on both stoves. I think if the stove part had been made of Ti, I'd have prolly gone that way myself.

Yeah I noticed that mate, I thought the connector ring was ti but apparently it's steel, the flux ring is ally I think. It's the stripped down weight of 239g that reeled me in :)

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Sorry Martyn, I couldn't wait :p I just bought a Sol Ti this morning as I didn't fancy carrying my petrol stove, mug, pot and fuel/pump around this weekend, ~1200g now becomes 240g and takes up less space!

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
@Rick I just ordered the stove you recommended as he is open to offers I bid £17.60 and he accepted, £1.00 postage is good as well.
After ordering I noticed the multi fuel ones he sells, might be worth a punt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE