They are going to kill us all! :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Mini flying robots that show some remarkable skills.

[video=youtube;pp89tTDxXuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=pp89tTDxXuI[/video]

Does anyone else look at this and think, ten, maybe fifteen years before these things are hunting us through the ruins of the world? :)

Heads up to boingboing for the original link.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
It's probably the future of warfare.

Movies usually have giant robots rampaging through cities.

Swarms of mini helicopters would be far more scary and lethal.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
There's an excellent Norwegian invented/produced micro 'copter being used by the British Army abroad at the moment. Fitted with a camera it's being used to recce villages and compounds and is already credited with spotting potential ambushes and IED's. So at the moment those overgrown Midges are friendly..:lmao:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That is some scary S***
Thankfully I probably wont be around to see it.

Actually you probably will. Think about how fast aviation's developped so far. We went from the first flight at Kitty Hawk all the way to the moon in the lifetime of a single generation. And now we have the aid of powerful computers.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have one thing to say on the using mini drone 'copters to hunt me down... PULL!

LOL. They're already being sucessfully used against enemies with much better weapons than a shotgun. But the goal of miniaturization is to get them down to the size of a bug so you won't even notice them there.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Actually you probably will. Think about how fast aviation's developped so far. We went from the first flight at Kitty Hawk all the way to the moon in the lifetime of a single generation. And now we have the aid of powerful computers.

Yup, Yuri Gagarin was 14 years old when Orville Wright died in 1948 and 13 years later he was the first man in space.

I was just having a bit of fun on the PULL front, these things can loiter out of audible and visual range and that's whats scary.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yup, Yuri Gagarin was 14 years old when Orville Wright died in 1948 and 13 years later he was the first man in space.......

My grandmother was a young girl when her parents read about the Wright brothers' first flight to her from the newspaper. She sat on the couch with me as we watched live tv of the moon landing.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
My grandmother was a young girl when her parents read about the Wright brothers' first flight to her from the newspaper. She sat on the couch with me as we watched live tv of the moon landing.

You know moments like that are just mind blowing to me, she can recall the news of men flying for the first time in a heaver than air craft, to seeing men walk on the moon. I wonder if I will be fortunate enough to have something like this happen in my life time.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You know moments like that are just mind blowing to me, she can recall the news of men flying for the first time in a heaver than air craft, to seeing men walk on the moon. I wonder if I will be fortunate enough to have something like this happen in my life time.

Think about it Scouse monster, the internet was started in the 70's but didn't really come to the form we know 'till 1991 that's 22 years. Think how much it has changed our world, perceptions and way of life. Probably more than flight or the moon landings.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Think about it Scouse monster, the internet was started in the 70's but didn't really come to the form we know 'till 1991 that's 22 years. Think how much it has changed our world, perceptions and way of life. Probably more than flight or the moon landings.

Your very right on that in my life time it's gone from a small neich item to lives in my pocket, I have had net access longer than most but I have blown many friends away when I have shown them my 3D printer possibly a few years away from order and print for a shocking number of day to day items.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE