Varusteleka - the strange surplus shop from Finland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
It’s just knives that they won’t send now. Checked on site as you gave me a minor heart tremor! Tents, backpacks etc are still ok, just the blades, which is a real shame, glad I got my Skrama when I did, bloody Brexit.:(:mad:
Sadly they won't ship to the UK at all now.

Glad I got my jerven when I did (Christmas of 2020).

Reactions: slasha9

Ianlc

Jul 20, 2022
Plymouth
It’s just knives that they won’t send now. Checked on site as you gave me a minor heart tremor! Tents, backpacks etc are still ok, just the blades, which is a real shame, glad I got my Skrama when I did, bloody Brexit.:(:mad:
Ah!

I've been looking for the skrama specifically so that's why assumption is the mother of all...whoopsies.

Cheers for the correction.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
I wonder if they are still watching this thread as at all.
Surely something can be done so that we can once again enjoy their mystical blades :D:D;)

I would never part with my Skrama 240's and as a resullt I really want to try out their pukko's

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
The off record story is that this account was established by an employee that then left the company and apparently they have not been able to track the passwords etc.

I might remind them on my next visit. :):):)

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
It's their own brand clothing that is the really appealing stuff. Burly and affordable - jackets ant trousers, merino henleys, linen shirts. Difficult to know where to start. They had Dutch army, wool bear fleeces the other day, but I missed out. Bit of a grrr there :)

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I know they won't ship food items to a UK address any longer, not even a UK address that's still in the customs union! Haven't tried blades, but I did have an issue with a custom maker from overseas back in June when the courier returned my order to them. Not a Brexit issue but The Offensive Weapons Act 2019.

• Wow
Reactions: sidpost

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I know they won't ship food items to a UK address any longer, not even a UK address that's still in the customs union! Haven't tried blades, but I did have an issue with a custom maker from overseas back in June when the courier returned my order to them. Not a Brexit issue but The Offensive Weapons Act 2019.
I know it's a retropost but I have recently had discussions with Varusteleka about knives and they won't send them to the UK. In case anyone was wondering

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Ianlc

Jul 20, 2022
Plymouth
I wonder if they are still watching this thread as at all.
Surely something can be done so that we can once again enjoy their mystical blades :D:D;)

I would never part with my Skrama 240's and as a resullt I really want to try out their pukko's
Same but want to try the skrama 90.
I've managed to bag two 240s and a 200 over the last year or so.

BumblingAlong

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2021
Winchester
Lots of interesting items in thier catalogue but i've been reluctant to order because I don't know the procedure for receiving parcels in the UK. I've heard stories of demands for extra payments when the parcel is delivered. Does this happen and does Finland a non EU country differ from Germany, an EU country in this regard

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Lots of interesting items in thier catalogue but i've been reluctant to order because I don't know the procedure for receiving parcels in the UK. I've heard stories of demands for extra payments when the parcel is delivered. Does this happen and does Finland a non EU country differ from Germany, an EU country in this regard
Finland is in the EU so it will be the same as for a parcel from Germany. You have to pay VAT for things over £39 and import tax on stuff over £135 (More about the rules here). Then the Royal Mail or courier company will add a fee for doing the paperwork for you, that's usually between £8 and £12 or so. Really annoying in my opinion, since you've already paid for shipping, but let's not go there. How and when seems to vary and sometimes you're lucky and things slip through without, but assume that you'll have to pay VAT + tax (usually not that much) + handling fee and mentally add that to the price before you buy something from abroad.

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
It seems that post BREXIT, a lot of things from outside the UK have gotten really messed up bureaucratically. With that, handling fees in excess of the taxes being collected too!

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
It seems that post BREXIT, a lot of things from outside the UK have gotten really messed up bureaucratically.
That is the point with EU. If you are inside things run smooth as possible. If you are not a member of the club, then brace for a bumpy ride

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE