These Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I might be jumping the gun, but from the pictures I would say, stay away!

For bushcraft...

Steel:First off, anyone who uses the top grade of 440, ie 440C, will say so, and you don't tend to get that grade in knives of that price, so it is going to be softer 440 A or B, my money is on the former.

Weight/ballance: They are going to be very handle heavy, full thickness tangs and bulky handles. Those without bolsters will be a bit lighter, but probably even more butt heavy.

Grind: Many will not like the idea of the hollow grind. It isn't ideal, but can work. There have been discussions on this before.

If you want a cheap hunting knife to abuse, they don't look bad, better than some...not what I would want for bushcraft, not with all the excellent puukkos out there....and I don't like puukkos all that much :D

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
what he said

Neito seem to make the best knives from the budget spanish companies from what I've seen. They use 440C and get very sharp, the hollow grind they use cuts meat well but not great for wood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE