There's a moose in our yard

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Didn't see where she came from, but this young cow was swimming in the lake we live on. She came ashore between our dock and our neighbor's:

IMG_0830.jpg

The deck on the front of our house is to the right. The roof of our chicken coop is visible on the left:

IMG_0833.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao:

All I get is the occasional brock out for a wander, very rarely a fox, sometimes a weasel, but nothing that size. :)

cheers,
Toddy

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
I have friends that live up in "moose" territory in upper Minnesota and Wisconsin. It's also black bear territory. And they all say they would rather run into a bear while out in the woods instead of a moose. They say the bear will generally run away. But with a moose, it depends upon what mood it is in. They will sometimes just charge and kick the **** out of you and your vehicle! Half a ton of PO's moose can do a lot of damage! And it gets even worse when driving along a road. Once it snows, the moose like to walk/run along the plowed out roads.

So be VERY CAREFUL around any moose! They are nice to see, but dangerous.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
I have a moose in my workshop, I hear him rusting around as he eats my paperwork... Oh no... hang on I have a mouse. :p

I once came face to face with a moose in Alberta. I don't know who was more surprised!
I like the look of your back garden.

Cheers,
Steve

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ah come on now, you don't have to shoot everything that comes close. Why not just admire the wildlife in your backyard and shoot things you've hunted after further afield.
It would be a shame to deplete things that are giving us lovely photos on the internet and you'll have nowt to look at out of the window!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
well now when you look out the window, youll have nothing but boring water :( serves you right!
I feed loads of birds in my garden, id love to eat them, but its nice to watch them. They do a good job of commiting suicide flying into the window if you let them.

Not that its as easy for moose to commit suicide using a mere pane of glass and a reflection

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE