Therapeutic Lunch

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's 30degC in my back garden; there's no way on this green Earth that I'm cooking anything :sigh:

Normally I'd fully appreciate your outdoor's fry up and a cuppa, just not right now.

......those bangers need a roll and some sauce ;)

atb,
M

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
It's 30degC in my back garden; there's no way on this green Earth that I'm cooking anything :sigh:

Normally I'd fully appreciate your outdoor's fry up and a cuppa, just not right now.

......those bangers need a roll and some sauce ;)

atb,
M

too hot for rolls and sauce lol, you know its not the food, its the smell of the woodsmoke,the sight of the flames and the crackle of the wood.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aye, you're right :D
Maybe this evening I could think about playing with something like that :)

I jest you not, the thermometer on the outside of the shed is reading just a smidgen over the 40degC right now :(
We're always a little warmer than the surrounding areas here, but this is ridiculous.

atb,
M

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Aye, you're right :D
Maybe this evening I could think about playing with something like that :)

I jest you not, the thermometer on the outside of the shed is reading just a smidgen over the 40degC right now :(
We're always a little warmer than the surrounding areas here, but this is ridiculous.

atb,
M

You've finally topped me! Sometime over the Summer it will get that hot here; but not this early.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just driven into Glasgow to see Son1......the M8 is full of the most idiotic cretins....all those folks with those big engined cars who couldn't manage to move on the icy roads, trying to do the ton when it's all hot and dry :rolleyes: and it's still like an oven here late on, 23degC :sigh:
Son1 went to Curry's and bought a Dyson fan .....£200 :yikes: but oh, it's a good thing :approve: :D :D
His Mum is managing with an Argos £15 special offer :) which is blasting one side of me cool with the window open at the other. I'm still going for another shower though.

Gray cooked his lunch outdoors, we made bread and though the smell is wonderful I was really glad the breadmaker doesn't heat the kitchen the way the oven does. Not surprised Mousey was in no notion to fire up the Aga.

cheers,
M

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Nice one Gray - with you there, but...

I was cooking in my takeaway on the Forth Road bridge today... Bacon butties, Lorne on a roll, link sausages, cheese and ham toasties, all day breakfasts. In this weather???

I was absolutely melting - not one person asked for a cooling salad!

Four busloads of elderly tourists from Yorkshire wanting hot chocolate, not one wanted a Lipton's iced tea!

The milk was curdling as quick as it was pouring lol.

Jackson boiler on, stove on, hot plate on, hot holding cabinet on, huge big glass windows, two useless extractor fans - I was sweating like a Scouser with a job offer.

It was so hot the crows were sitting on the grass, wings spread and beaks open trying to cool down.

Liam

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
It's like 15 celcius and windy here. Amazing how much the weather is different here to the UK, while it's not that far away from eachother.
It'd better stay this way though, last week it was 30 degrees celcius here and the dog didn't want to walk me. All that wass left to do was carving and I'll only end up injuring myself when I do that:lmao:

The meal looks great by the way, and I agree with cooking food outdoors being therapeutic. It's a better more special feeling than cooking indoors.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE