'The Yukon' vintage pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Mmmmmm that's the big question :eek:

I'm listing a few odds n ends, if they sell? I may not NEED to sell it, but if NEEDS must ....then I'll let it go. It has a couple of loose stitches on the pocket lids if I recall (its buried still packed under the stairs of doom) . I'd like to be fair to all parties so once I know where I stand, ill offer it up at what I want for it. Depending on reaction then, it may have to go on the bay :(

What if that's the case, I'd give a couple of weeks notice to give members a chance to squat some spare pennies away. I hate not being able to buy summat I want for the sake of a couple of weeks:( so this way folks would have a chance ?

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Chis, a while back you said you were thinking of selling your Goodall tent. What's the latest?

Phoooo that's a tougher one than the bag.
since using it, I don't think I could put a value on it. Some strange, words can't describe bond was made. Made me forget all abaht my silnylon tarp and comfy hammock...

nejuru4e.jpg

eqyta3a9.jpg

I've not wet camped with it yet. But will do at some point soon :)

Reckon it would be cheaper to replicate it. .....I could sell it and make one, but I figure it just wouldn't have the same feel. Since dying it.....it sort of evolved....like a fledgling to an eagle....aaaaaarg I need to get out ....

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'll take that as a no then.....a very entertaining no :)

Sorry sir ....you can faintly see the moon through the weave, its nearest to being just laid under the stars as you can feel inside a ridge type tent. The ground was frozen around the camp, but we could have the tent near enough to fire to be within the ground thaw. It was really earthy .....sorry

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Having seen Lucan's thread about external frame packs I thought putting his link over here would make sense ...

I came across a link about External frame packs over the years, >>>>

http://74fdc.wordpress.com/2012/08/...ks-applying-the-old-ways-to-the-new-journeys/

<<<<<

About halfway down is Lloyd F "Trapper" Nelson's Pack type from the 1920's[FONT=Trebuchet, arial, sans-serif] ([/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet, arial, sans-serif]also known as the Alaskan Packboard). Back system looks pretty much the same to me ;) .[/FONT]

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
awesome pack...reminds me of the trapper nelson pack...reckon thats where they copied the design from?
more like the jones tent and awning version from vancouver canada than the trager out of seattle wa. usa...woods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE