The whole hog, (deer) really

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
If you plan on cooking it for a party of folks camping then H&H laws + catering laws would have to be considered. but if you are in the field with your mates, shoot a bunny and skin it, then cook up a rabbit stew and offer it as a shared meal, who would claim against you for food poisoning? your mates?

With you all the way on this one, and as I said I'd have no problem with that aspect of it, I just want to check that we have our eyes open. I wouldn't like to have any part in bringing the forum into disrepute, or the Daily Mail (as I think it's called :)). There are a lot of people out there who would like nothing better than to pick on an incident like that to justify another Big Brother (*) style law that penalizes sane folk for things that stupid folk do, and have no effect at all on the stupid ones because they take no notice anyway. I have to fill in enough bloomin' paperwork from the government as it is, without having to fill in some more just because somebody with a knife or a bow or a rifle does something stupid and I happen to have one too.

(*) Orwell of course, not that rubbish on the gogglebox they keep going on about at work.

Feb 22, 2009
Thundersley, Essex
Going back to the bow hunting. There are many vids on youtube showing bow hunting in America the vast majority of the animals can be seen running off after the arrow goes straight through and out the other side. Unfortunatly the hunters (if thats the right word) show no repect to the prey. I realise that this does not reflect the true hunters of America, but it does not show hunting in a good light.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...most of my scouts have a pretty good idea of what to do, and how to utilise the end product to best advantage...including brain tanning...see the thread in Fair Game...

roebuck011copy.jpg

snelgrave101

May 25, 2010
Glasgow
hunting with a bow in britain is illegal what a farce considering we are a nation of hunter gatherers who wouldnt be were we are
just now if it wasnt for the bow and arrow .

Blade21

Jun 13, 2010
Limburg NL
hunting with a bow in britain is illegal what a farce considering we are a nation of hunter gatherers who wouldnt be were we are
just now if it wasnt for the bow and arrow .

Who outlawed bow hunting?
The Sheriff of Nottingham?

Who said said we live in a changing world? Everything stays the same :)

Twan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE