The weekend starts now...

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
769
22
North Norfolk, GB
So, in case you have been living under a rock for the last few weeks, then you probably know The Bushcraft Show is on this weekend...but not for me...a wedding, an ear infection, and a date with some rabbit control has anchored me well and truly to the farm - so, today I sacked off work early (it'll still be there on Tuesday!), grabbed my bag and headed to the woods.

348fee9c99948b53bf1ce6ec204cb12a.jpg


It's a little beech woodland about 50 metres from my house...but it felt a million miles away...

65de308375352cd201b3b6317b3f3629.jpg


Mans best friend (I don't say that around my dogs...)

841b8b91b60df414b533af622f3fadff.jpg


Coffee and campfire - what else do you need?....

58a005f4a7150769282d04e378f36796.jpg


Found a few wild edibles/medicines....

b68ee09a6989aa2f263cb3605d1dade7.jpg


f14856b379664250f80265891f146ffd.jpg


Brewed up and dozed against the trunk of a big old smooth Beech tree in the dappled shade of the spring sunshine, small fire crackling in the background mingling with the sound of bird song.

Woke to find a squirrel and a tree creeper yards away... Obviously unfazed by my dozing dogs.

It was only an hour or so, but a much needed break from a 60 hour week. I find this little "me" breaks such a distraction from the modern fast paced world we live in. The complete opposite to deadlines, contracts and stakeholders...where I find I don't even look at my watch, and the phone is well and truly switched OFF!!

Until next weekend....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE