The usual meet and greet....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Hello! I've been looking for a good bushcraft forum for a while and it looks like I've found one. I'm tired of just basic wild camping and want to learn to forage and start making my own shelters!
I'm currently getting my bushcraft kit together, my mora knife is on order and I can't wait to get out there (as usual). I'm in the process of looking for a good wild foods book and have been looking at a few on Amazon, any suggestions?

Troutman.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Welcome from one n00b to another :)

Classic Wild Food books include:

- Roger Phillips 'Wild Food'
- And Mabey's 'Food for free' (Both of these are great introductions and can be found in your local charity shops if you look hard enough, both of mine came from charity shops for less than £3 each!)
- A decent Mushroom ID book is always useful. Tons of decent field guides, and the bible when it comes to UK Shroom ID books, although a bit large for field use, is Rogers' 'Mushrooms'
I don't have a clue when it comes to Game (Rabbits etc) though.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Welcome and enjoy the forums. There are plenty of people on here who have answers to all the questions you have so don't feel scared to post them.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. Much appreciated! The book suggestion looks good and I will be looking into it :) Also robbi, if you want to talk fly fishing just let me know ;)
Troutman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE