The Ultimate light weight fire stand?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
these have been linked to before iirc and i think ludlow survivor made one out of some plumbing bits an some threaded rod.

they look great but my question is whats wrong with a stick?

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I recently tried to do steak, bacon and chops on sticks and found it didnt work out as expected.

Thin sticks....they bellied in the middle and it was imposs to actually turn the meat over, it sort of all stayed put, and the ploddy stick turning around inside.

Thick sticks, a big improvement, except for bacon and other thin cuts, these seem to kizzen up into fan-folds , so , the topsides end up half raw.

Pogger it! back to the grilling mesh.

Ceeg

Oh, I just had a butchers at that grill instrument....looks as easy to assemble as a childs Barbie House.......anyone ever tried that ?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Got bought one as a present it works great have used it down on the beach a few times, a bit fiddely to put together at first as the screw threads are very fine but now and with a bit of patience have got the hang of it and its a lot better then those instant bbq's.

weekender

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Squidders said:
Cooking a steak on a stick is a pain.

I'm going to have to disagree in the most polite way but it must be how your doing it. I do it all the time steak on an open fire is my favorite especially with veggie kebabs and maybe a little savory rice ummm.

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
Yeah....I'd keep to the stick. When you take the food off you can throw them for the dog and it won't sit there with a pleading expression while you eat causing suffering to you and fattening to the dog!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE