The ultimate bush crafters retreat !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Damn that's pretty.

Makes my place look a normal house.

12022011042.jpg

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Damn that's pretty.

Makes my place look a normal house.

Yes, but the MkII Scirocco marks you out as an exceptional individual ;)

If anyone is serious about building this kind of structure, I sincerely recommend "Woodstock Handmade Houses"

Woodstock%20.jpg

It's short on technicalities, but the images are something to behold.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Bushwhacker has a MkII Scirroco? Damn fine, spoke to a lad a few months back who still has a Shamal.

Sorry for the hijack.

Liam

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Its unimpressive compared to these Canadian Cob homes....The homes in the video cost all under 35 grand!!

[video=youtube;GbM2In5Hfx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbM2In5Hfx4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I'm all for being allowed to build your home. Good luck to them. Been aware of it for a few years. I would imagine there would be quite a few spoilers for anyone who tried to do it though...
What do you think of the Canadian Cob Homes?

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think the Canadian ones look 'architeched', while the hobbit ones look organic :)
I think the Canadian ones are beautiful but the hobbit ones are magical :)
I think the Canadian ones are energy rich, but the hobbit ones are part of their surroundings re fuel, food and waste.
I think the Canadian ones cost over 10 times the price of the hobbit one.
I think the Canadian ones don't fit into their environment while the hobbit ones belong there.
I think the Canadian ones would be an awful lot easier to clean :rolleyes: but I don't think you'd notice in the hobbit one if someone did a bit of carving beside the hearth :D

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
D'you think we could take over the farm and turn it into the first central Scottish hobbit type ecovillage? :D There's one on Loch Tayside but it's been kind of hijacked.

cheers,
M

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
I think the Canadian ones look 'architeched', while the hobbit ones look organic :)
I think the Canadian ones are beautiful but the hobbit ones are magical :)
I think the Canadian ones are energy rich, but the hobbit ones are part of their surroundings re fuel, food and waste.
I think the Canadian ones cost over 10 times the price of the hobbit one.
I think the Canadian ones don't fit into their environment while the hobbit ones belong there.
I think the Canadian ones would be an awful lot easier to clean :rolleyes: but I don't think you'd notice in the hobbit one if someone did a bit of carving beside the hearth :D

cheers,
Toddy

To quote an old honda advert ---- "I couldn`t have said it better myself "

cheers ;):cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE