The scouts never looked like this in my day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I did think about joining the scouts when I was a lad but I never did,shame really as I bet it was great fun but it was for the more well off types from what I saw of it.Anyway if there had been scouts like this I am fairly certain nothing would have stopped me joining.:D

http://www.mninter.net/~blkeagle/dschild.jpg

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I did think about joining the scouts when I was a lad but I never did,shame really as I bet it was great fun but it was for the more well off types from what I saw of it.

I was in for about 8 or 9 years in all. Our troop was genuinely diverse with lads from literally every walk of life lads off the council estate, sons of wealthy businessmen, some well educated some semi literate, well spoken types, rough types, scrappers, those that liked a sly drink or a smoke, sporty types fat types everyone was in and we all got along it was a great education in its way, live and let live (ie give as good as you get:lmao: ) etc. I cant actually think of any other situatiuon where you'd get such a great mix and genuine diversity. And also we did some astoundingly memorable daft stunts some of which left various one's maimed and injured, the feminist men wouldnt let scout's do that sort of stuff these days I expect :lmao:
Are those 3 lasses the tonic for the troop's:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Some of my Ventures (girls) could have given them a run for their money! One did for a while work as a model.
Those were happy days!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I `wanted` to join the scouts.

(no, I do not look like that, much bigger due to a healthy eat all the meat you please childhood.)

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Hmmm ... looks like those three have worked on their "skills" at ... collecting ... badges instead of earning them.;)

The Scouts were not an option when/where I was growing up. The nearest pack was most of 100 miles away. But, growing up on the farm, us kids did far more things than the Scouts ever thought about doing! Although, we probably could have used a little more ... structure ... in what we were doing.:rolleyes:
At least nobody got permanently maimed, and no structures destroyed - except for that driftwood "shack" that got washed away in a flood.

Nothing like a well-spent youth to flood the memories with all those "life's lessons learned".

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I reckon singing around the camp fire might be a bit rubbish with those three but the visual effects would make up for it. :)

Scouts in my area when I was young (quite a while back now) wasn't for the well off, it was for everybody. Must have been because I was in them. :rolleyes:

My son's troop has quite a mixture too but it does seem to attract a mostly middle-class type.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
dschild.jpg

Wow! Look at the woggles on those!

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, disgusting bunch of perverts!
They can join my daughters beaver colony anytime they like!
Can't wait for the next family camp weekend!!

L

lostindawoods

i only went to scouts twice and never saw anything like that.
i did however join the the army cadets cos they still did the camping but they had guns,
better uniforms, and girls were allowed. (very forward thinking at the time i thought)

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
i must say after the jamboree there were some girls that could sing better n look better than them 3, still wouldnt kick them out my tent though :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE