The "Red Hunters Axe" by Cegga - second group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That has to be the weirdest post I ever made - time to go to sleep!

Hey Cegga - time to stop making BR axes after the next batch and we should do some work on the "other" axe!
Red

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
British Red said:
Damn,

I've been pronouncing it wrong!

You'll always be Kegga to me Segga

:D

Red (Good question Matt - I never even though of segga) -

Hey Cegga If you go on a long trip - is that a Segga Mega Drive ;)

edit to say - bet that makes no sense in Swedish :lmao: try googling Sega
Can be so but if you google cegga you find some fine racing cars and maybe some axes to :p
Cegga

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just to let everyone know the axes will be posted by Cegga on Thursday. Sick kids and drying linseed have slowed things down (you REALLY don't want parcels coated with wet linseed in the post :D).

If thats too slow for anyone, let me know ;)

Red

British Red said:
Just to let everyone know the axes will be posted by Cegga on Thursday. Sick kids and drying linseed have slowed things down (you REALLY don't want parcels coated with wet linseed in the post :D).

If thats too slow for anyone, let me know ;)

Red
Thanks for the update Red I'm sure they will be worth the wait :D
Tim
(even better I'm off next week so I should be here when it arrives)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Spoke to Cegga today. They did indeed go off on Thursday. With the vagaries of international shipping I'm guessing next week for delivery - could be sooner but 10-14 days seems the norm for air mail. Slow these planes huh?

There will be one more batch. I have a few that I have promised elsewhere, but I'll try to keep a few for here.

Then its probably going to be the next design (although we may come back to the Hunters axe again if the demand is there)

Don't want it to become a "bore" for Cegga though - some variety is called for. I think you'll like design #2 ;)

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
And it doesn't matter how much I ask, you'll not tell me what the next one is will you?

Out when do you think?

Just so I'm hovering.

BTW I've finished my re-grind on mine and now it really is an absolute marvel. It cuts far above its size and with such precision because of it. I'm quite happy taking off a 4 inch limb and carving a spoon from it, without changing until the crook knife. Fantastic tool. Thanks Cegga and Red again!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glad it works mate - we've gone for a somewhat finer grind on the second batch based on the feedback received - I'll be interested to hear the comments as they turn up. I've ordered one for me too since Longstrider now owns the prototype.

The second one will be a while yet - we have cut steel on it but only fooling with weight and balance - no proper prototype yet. We'll need to get a special handle made too so don't hold your breath. No, we won't discuss it yet - it may come to nothing. I can tell you that the usual rules will apply - designed by me, built be Cegga, development cost swallowed by us. Its an axe design that I believe is simply not available at any price right now, but that is uniquely adapted to the needs of UK bushcrafters. It will be a higher priced item than the Hunters Axe because it will cost more to produce, but, I believe you will like it and think it worth the (still modest) costs

I'm toying with an "entirely new" clothing item too after some interesting recent conversations to go with the "entirely new axe" and "entirely new knife". Hopefully I'll have a prototype up for your comments in the Summer.

Red

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Thanks for the update. I think my postman was beginning to get abit worried as to why I was waiting each day!!!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I don't post 'em till they are built Bam, then its "first come first served". Seen too many deals go sour on "pre-orders" etc. I noticed another maker went under recently with pre-paid orders sadly. So no, orders, no deposits, no waiting. I post em when the oil is drying, first to pay get em and they get posted within a couple of days

Its not the only way, its just my way ;)

Red

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
No worries Red, you're organising it so you do it your way :D

I'll try and keep my eyes open for you posting another one then....failing that if you come to the end of demand and have one left then give me a shout.

Many thanks,

Bam. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE