The real question ....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Oh that's a hard one...

I love meat a good steak is probably my favourite meal. But I'd still choose fish and shellfish. Such a variety of flavours and textures that meat alone can't compete with...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
BR - I'm originally from the UK so I know what a Bernard Matthews turkey shed would be like - pretty much the same as any intensive chicken/turkey farm. Grass fed livestock is very difficult to come by over here.....

Publix carries it as do a few other retailers. It's growing in popularity but mainly due to intensive marketing campaigns (and accompanying higher prices)

Oddly enough ALL cattle farming over here is grass fed up until a few weeks before slaughter. The cattle are then moved into controlled areas where they can be grain fed to purge the grass from their systems (a process called "finishing) in order to improve the taste. Likewise wild game is only killed in Autumn or winter partly because the taste is better after their diet shifts from greenery.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The brain works in strange ways, I have a real urge for a fish finger and tom ketchup sarnie just now...I must resist. I have to actually as I've no fish fingers.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Don't even grazing cows wander around amidst their own cowpats?

I love crab and other shellfish and think I prefer these to most meat but of course offal is very good indeed as is well roasted beef or even boiled bacon, which I have to have a wife to stop me eating vastly too much of. Then of course a well cooked cabbage is hard to beat. Omnivoracious Rules!

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Mmm I'd not considered offal, something I also rather enjoy.

But then you have the meaty steak that s swordfish.

Thankfully I don't ave to choose! :) and rik, yeah a fish finger sarny would go down well!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE