The price of RM/AW knives !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
We all know these are quality knives with a supposed 10 yr waiting list, but come on people, has anyone actually waited 10yrs to get one , I suspect not. Which leads me to ask, if people wait 10 years to get one then why do they come on here and try and sell it as soon as they have it ?
When ever I see these for sale on here I can't help thinking that the seller is clearly trying to make a fast buck by asking way more than they paid for it !
And as for the argument that there is a waiting list so a higher price is justified , well that don't hold with me as those knives regularly appear for sale on here and on eBay. If they were rare as hens teeth then fair enough wack the price up but they ain't rare as hens teeth

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have two that im looking to sell but unsure of how much to ask for them.
One is an early Alan Wood Woodlore and the other is a Wilkinson Sword in black micarta.
Both are around 10/11 years old and in really good condition.

CACTUS ELF

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 16, 2012
Cheshire
We all know these are quality knives......

What quality? fit for purpose? if you read old threads on british blades forum people sugest that the wood used on the handles wasnt that good (this might have been an swc knife with wood from an old church). i'm sure its better now though.

Is the quality of the 01 steel that much better than the 01 steel in other knives. Without testing who can say?

Does it really matter? Not really, because most folks can only afford a Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife or similar anyway and depending on the situation it might be the better choice.

Didnt people used to pay lots for the Bear endorsed Rob Bayley Knife? was that better than a Woodlore? Was it worth the money?

:)

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Why are you moaning about it? If your not going to buy it, What's it too you what the guy wants to charge for anything?

Dont know if thats addressed to me but i am after a woodlore im just not inclined to pay over the odds for one. Its my own opinion, clearly yours differs

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Dont know if thats addressed to me but i am after a woodlore im just not inclined to pay over the odds for one. Its my own opinion, clearly yours differs

Nope, aimed at anyone who moans about the coast of something, who cares, if you can afford it okay, if you can't okay, just suck it up buttercup!

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
When ever I see these for sale on here I can't help thinking that the seller is clearly trying to make a fast buck by asking way more than they paid for it !

When I see them for sale I always imagine the seller thinking "did I really shell out £500 on this? What the hell was I thinking!"

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
What's worse?..

the vulchers who buy the collectable/rare items specifically to make money - or the chumps that buy it?

I see no reason to buy something like that just because some famous person pretends to use one for the camera! but then again we've all fallen for something like that at some point.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
The beauty must be in the eye of the beholder.....i personally wouldn't want one.Not to say they are nothing but superb.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
An oldie but a goody:

dsc02688s.jpg

CACTUS ELF

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 16, 2012
Cheshire
Money makes the world go round folks, thats life :) Some sell, some buy, some even steal. But the question is about quality isnt it?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Actually, I don't think the question is about quality. I'm sure that there are a lot of good hand-made knives that are equal (if not better) in quality to the Woodlore for a good deal less. Its about perceptions. Similar story to Morgans really - they have (had?) huge waiting lists, with people signing onto them just to make £5k profit on delivery.

Personally, I wouldn't pay the list price for one, let alone an inflated fee because of the waiting list. But thats just me - if someone wants to, and can afford it - why not?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE