The Perfect Bush Watch!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
As a kid I remember the first wave of digital watches. One lad was really pleased with the light and pointed out my analogue watch didn't have one. My answer was simple , when it gets too dark to see the watch, that is nature's way of saying it is time to go to sleep. Life was simple when I was ten.

Pang

Forager
Sep 8, 2007
london
But my Seiko kinetic will operate in the dark for days on end (handy when your watch is under your sleeve in the cold) or indeed in a drawer for three months with no light and no battery :)

Its a watch. It tells the time. It never needs batteries (or sunlight). Its never gone wrong. It doesn't need a backlight or any other "more to go wrong" stuff.

Why would I change it? :)

Red
good arguement, i suppose it's down to the person at the end of the day, i guess u hav the action man type who loves the gadgets and then the ones who just wants to keeo things simply. very admirable

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
as far as i'm concerned a watch should be as slim as possible to avoid getting caught on pockets, straps, branches etc, have a time and date, luminous hands and be accurate and hardwearing.

yet to find an ideal on yet but many come close for decent money

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I like analogue because it is usually faster to read and you have an up and a down, telling what part of the day you're in. Just getting used to wearing watch again after a few years (like 10) without. Still looking for the right one. I did use to carry a pocket watch but the newer ones are basically tat and I can't afford a good, old one.

Dec 16, 2007
I have a British army standard G10 dated 1990. still going fine and all I have done is changed the strap to a leather one ( the nylon ones tend to stink after a while). I have looked at all the g shocks and your suntos and you thingy bobs that do everything but wash up and thought that in the end all I need to do is tell the time. I have added a silva watch strap compass when I go out in the field to give me a ruff idea of direction but other than that it tells the time and is bomb proff.

Mine is made by CWC but MWC also do good G10's they are just the same in my eyes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE