The Pebble

• Thread starter Something In The Woodshed
  • Start date
S

Something In The Woodshed

pebble3.jpg

pebble1.jpg

Heres a little number I just finished I call The Pebble. The blade is a Bob Eklund 75mm long with a hidden tang, stainless steel bolster, Buffalo horn spacer and a lovely piece of Tamboti wood. The handle is quite short but fits the hand well due to its 'pebble' like shape. Great little knife for small bushcraft tasks and is a lot lighter than it looks due to the stick tang of the blade. Can be worn as a neck knife and just finishing off the sheath with matching fire steel.

Hope you like it as much as I do.

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
That is a lovely looking thing. You've got an amazing finish on the wood, tamboti is a new one on me. Does it go by any other names?

S

Thanks for the kind words.
Mikew, Tamboti wood is also known as African Sandlewood. It has the most wonderful aroma when you sand it (similar to red cedar). Its very dense and a bit like Cocoblo to work, but not as heavy and dense as say Desert Ironwood.
M

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
WOW! that is one of the best looking blades i have seen....great job!! really impressive...would love to see the finished sheath too if you're producing blades like that. thanks for sharing...

S

Will have a couple of this model up for sale in a few weeks. Planning to add a thong hole which will also act as a securing pin for the tang and give the knife added strength, also helps to pull the knife from the sheath which will be friction style.
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE