The passing of a 'wanderinstar'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hi all, I'm Ben, some of you may remember me, many won't know me at all. I haven't been on the site In quite literally years and I'm sorry to come with such bad news. I am wanderinstars' (Ian) son and I used to come to meets with him. Those that knew him knew of his long battle with cancer. Sadly my dad passed away on Saturday morning after fighting for so long. He was known for his sense of humour and I can gladly say that it stayed with him right until the end. He will be missed by many but will always remain in our hearts! I'm pretty sure he'll be sat up there beside the campfire with a coffee or whisky in hand. If anybody would like to attend the funeral please message me and I will forward on the details.
I would just like to thank everybody for some of the happiest moments I ever shared with my dad and your company around the campfire.
Ben

imagejpeg

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
A nod to you an your dad Ben ....that's all I can say at minute R.I.P Ian hope you got to make that trip to Whitby .....Thank you for bein you ...*nods an leaves*

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah Ben, I'm sorry to hear this.
I had wondered how Ian was, but hoped he'd just found remission and was enjoying life.
He could be very good company, and I'm glad his sense of humour stayed with him.

Sincerest condolences, and I'll ask Admin to change his designation.

Best regards,
Mary

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
So sorry to hear about your Dad Ben, I had many a good trip with him over the years and he will be sadly missed by those who knew him.

I won't be able to make the funeral unfortunately, but I will raise a glass to him around the camp fire over the coming days.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Really sorry to hear about your dad. I was lucky enough to meet him on a couple of meets at Steadhall. We shared a dram of single malt or two so I'll raise one to him.
My condolences to you all.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Condolences to you and yours. I never met Ian but I had more than a few conversations with him on here, nice chap. R.I.P

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE