The painful reality of a walk in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Hi Eric, I've just shaved off my beard as my daughter said on christmas day that I looked like a Hobo, I took it as a compliment but my wife assures me it was not meant that way. At least I'll get to use the shaving kit I got for crimbo...
all the best
jon

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Priceless

The people that I work with just can't understand why I want to get into the country and camp at my age

I have a screensaver of my hammock and tarp set up and it never fails to get people talking when I do a power point presentation and it flashes up on screen

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I wouldn't worry too much Eric. I have to put up with peoples misconceptions all the time. At least that was a good reaction.

People will always react to something or someone that is different according to their own prejudices.

Kids can't understand why a man has long hair because they only see it on girls or women.

Lads sporting thug cuts assume I'm a hippy and don't understand why I'm just not frightened of them when they act tough for their mates.

Middle class types assume I'm a drop out and are surprised that the camera equipment I use is the stuff they wish they could afford.

Customs men always stop me and search for drugs and old ladies are surprised when I display the good manners that are so rare these days.

None of these things are my problem. I live the life I choose, the way I choose and that is just fine by me.

All very familiar - though I've jsut had a Christmas hair cut this morning.

Boatswain

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2007
South London
If this story had been reported in the Daily M&^L I'm sure the couple would have dowsed you in petrol and set you on fire, so it is really nice to hear that there are still genuine people in this world and that the spirit of Christmas does still exist.

God bless you every one.

Cheers

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
That's a quite heart warming story really. So many people would have been scared of inviting someone back regardless of how nice they may come across. The fact they invited you in the current climate of horror stories throughout the tabloids speaks volumes of the couples spirit. Even though I will never meet that couple, I wish them well and all the best, I heartedly hope that that act of kindness is paid back to them many times over, and that they aren't taken advantage of.

Of course, they may have been part of a secret government organisation and were going to drug you and use you in weird mind bending experiments... ;)

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
totally restores faith in humanity don't it?

I understand about the judging by appearence thing - At the moment I have purple hair and with all my piercings and tattoos, people assume I'm going to be a horror (which I'm not of course!), I just like to look the way i do.

Wild

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE