The Outdoors show at Birmingham NEC ft Ray Mears and others

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Newbie woodworm

We went on Friday, it was not as busy as weekend, but not much in the way of celebs.My daughter went in her Scout uniform ( i know she should have been at school but it was a treat for doing well) this made a big difference to the attitude of the exibitors, she was given loads of freebies. Best of all was bow drill lesson from Dave Watson :You_Rock_ on the Guides display area, top bloke really nice guy and teaches with a pleasant laid back style.
Royal Marines kicked in the glass windows during the opening display!!!!!!! :lmao:

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Matthew.Passmore said:
I got there today at 9.30am (it only opened at 9.00) to find that ray mears talk was sold out :O

but some good stalls and demonstrations.

Got myself a MSR whisperlite stove, 3 season bag, 2 man tent and some new pans :)

im just having trouble finding fuel for the MSR.

Where are you in south yorkshire???
I'm in Harrogate, north yorkshire and have 2 tins of coleman fuel just sat here doing nothing since i sold my dragonfly last year.

Free to a good home, but you have to collect

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Well we got there at just gone 8.15 to join an already growing queue to get in. Managed to get tickets to see Ray's talk though, and very interesting it was too. Very glad I made the extra effort to get there early.

The general feel of the show was pretty good this year compared to last. I had a good day out.

Also went to Max's tracking talk in the afternoon, and again it was very good. As was the rest of the Wilderness camp. Was good to see such an interest in it by the public too!

Bumped into Aliwren in the afternoon too, was good to meet you buddy. Hope to see you at a meet sometime soon :)

Got some great bargins off the Craghopper stand too! :D

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I did a really silly thing at the show... :(
I bought a programe and then managed to leave it somewhere - I have no idea where but I wanted to look at it in the comfort of my own armchair.

Does anyone have a programe they could let me have a look at please - I can return it if you want.

Thanks

Mark

Jul 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
Didn't the show was as good as last year. We went on the Sunday and there didn't seem to be much left on the stores, still managed to get a few free pens though and received a brochure about Cyprus through the post yesterday. doh

Mar 19, 2007
Essex
For a first timer I didn't think it was that bad. Very interesting in the Wilderness Area. Enjoyed the talk about tracking with Ian Maxwell (though I'd thought he'd be more specific!)

Hadn't realised before how many Bushcraft courses there are! Finding it hard to decide which one(s) to do now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE