The other A Wright & Sons knife...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I purchased one of the stacked leather ones after seeing this thread and whilst the price is good the QC is terrible. Mine arrived with dark marks all over the blade that I could not wipe off and the pommel was dented and scratched. I have sent it staright back for a replacement. I could also see gaps between the blade and guard. Provided you can get a decent one then for the money they are a really lovely looking knife but I suspect even on the next one I may have to fill in gaps around the guard with epoxy to stop the damp getting in and rusting inside without you knowing it.

Hmmm....I was thinking of getting one but on that basis I think i'll leave it! Might keep my eye out for an old one at a car boot tho' :cool:

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
I purchased one of the stacked leather ones after seeing this thread and whilst the price is good the QC is terrible. Mine arrived with dark marks all over the blade that I could not wipe off and the pommel was dented and scratched. I have sent it staright back for a replacement. I could also see gaps between the blade and guard. Provided you can get a decent one then for the money they are a really lovely looking knife but I suspect even on the next one I may have to fill in gaps around the guard with epoxy to stop the damp getting in and rusting inside without you knowing it.

Well hats off to their customer service at least. Within 48 hrs of returning the knife a new one has arrived in perfect condition with a letter of apology for the oversight and a refund of my postage. Credit where credit is due to give my earlier comments some balance. Tis a beautiful knife and much prettier than the Kabar model, not that I dislike the Kabar one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE