The Norse Saga Cloak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Norse-Cloak-of-Myth-XIIX.jpg

Norse-Cloak-of-Myth---Occupents-of-Laerad---Detail.jpg

It's difficult to appreciate the level of work Debs is putting into this until you take a closer look.

This is just a few of the occupants of Laerad, near the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy and Janne

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Been off wandering for a while and come back to see this. It's amazing what a talented pair you are. Loved the wee history lesson as well. What a great thread. Cheers JFW

Reactions: Wayland

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a beautiful piece of work/art, Gary :)
From concept and design to where it is now. It's going to be superb when Debs is finished :)

M

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Video works fine Gary; is that nearly complete now? It's absolutely superb. Do you think Debs would be up for doing a Mabinogion version? :)

Please pass our regards to her.

It's a fair bit further on than the last image in the video now but we reckon there is still a few years work left to do.

I'm hoping to get a new picture of it up soon.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
People who don't make don't always appreciate not just the effort and skill, but the sheer amount of time some pieces take.
Especially nowadays in our machine made world.
It's a pleasure to see such handwork though, and it's inspirational too, encourages others to maybe do something.

M

Reactions: Wayland

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Yes, I look at projects that may take weeks, months or even years to complete these days. Both of us have multiple projects running at any time so that we can take a break from one by doing another.

This particular project started with a conversation while we were driving around Iceland in 2014 and I really didn't think Deb's would actually get this far. It just seemed so daunting. It is a monumental amount of work.

I guess we've done most of the small stuff now. This is the sort of scale we are left with now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE