The normal working day pics thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hi all,
I thought to share with you something about a normal working day of mine, as I really would like to know yours. Anyway, Sunday evening we leave for Pieve di Cadore, a small town placed 50 miles from our house

The main reason to leave Sunday was because of Monday morning we need to start our job – as environmental consultans – at 07:00am, so is good to be at the spot the day before. The second reason of it is having time to visit a bit the sourroundings

A small knife is – of course – whit me

Monday morning duty call, the owner of the facility arrive with this lovely vintage Jeep (he said me 30 years old, approx.), I really like it, is a 5.2 litres

We are working inside the facility, not bad at all, but outdoor the scenery is beautiful and looking at it I would like to be walking on the mountains all around whit my rucksack

My folder is with me also at work, in the meeting room

Monday night, we finished too late to cook something at home, so a Pakistan Kebab Restaurant near home is the best solution (I like kebab, too)

Maybe you could post your “normal working day”pics, I’m really courious!
Ciao from Italy, regards,
Alfredo

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hi Alfredo

Would love to post some pics but I have just handed my notice in at work as I am moving to the Alps in two months:)
I will be close to Nesselwang on the German side. will add my own alpine pics then:)

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
My day job is making the pics... so I get to work with models, makeup artists and hairstylists, sadly also clients, budgets and a mortgage to pay. It could be worse though.

07A63T9918.jpg

<hide>
07A63T0577-2.jpg
</hide>

A63T6636.jpg

07A63T8284a.jpg

07A63T7922.jpg

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
looking at this all day

IMG00849-20110315-1433.jpg

makes me do this

IMG00652-20110214-1440.jpg

this helps ,...

IMG00416-20110106-1126.jpg

to create this, ( a bit forced and caffiene induced)

IMG00420-20110107-1151.jpg

but i,d much rather be doing this,..

IMG00632-20110211-0821-1.jpg

or this,...

IMG00446-20110109-0934-1.jpg

and then everything is,...

fonz.jpg

cheers,

can i add BcUK helps me to hold onto sanity during my "normal day" i dont post much until i get home,...but i keep peeking in to see all the familiar, likeminded folks which helps,...

Stu....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Imagine a flat featureless landscape with a grotty industrial estate dumped right in the middle of it, that's where I work. Imagine an office full of geeks who are 40, overweight and single, a room full of PCs and large monitors with soulless beings hammering away at a keyboard all day, that's where I work. Imagine an office where the most exiting thing that happens in an average week is a switch will fail and the phone starts ringing.

Yes Alfredo I'm extremely jealous.

And Mark, well don't even go there.

Stu, I feel your pain brother

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Imagine a flat featureless landscape with a grotty industrial estate dumped right in the middle of it, that's where I work. Imagine an office full of geeks who are 40, overweight and single, a room full of PCs and large monitors with soulless beings hammering away at a keyboard all day, that's where I work. Imagine an office where the most exiting thing that happens in an average week is a switch will fail and the phone starts ringing.

Now THAT I can relate to! lol
Alan

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester

Do we work in the same place? :togo::rolleyes:

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
nice post alfredo
i was a truck driver before my knees packed in.
nothing to exciting except when i drove for the oda/unhcr in Bosnia [to exciting at times]

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
View from my desk

DSC00049.JPG

My digiboxes

PICT02121.JPG

A bay of techie stuff

PICT0213.JPG

My old server

PICT0218.JPG

Old SD kit bound for a skip

IMG_10631.JPG

More techie guff

PICT0210.JPG

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Well it is a hole and it looks like it's full of , anyway i'm of to hunt down some joinery related pics .

Craig..........

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
@ Raikey.... that could be me mate !!....i hate my job SO much !!

any one want to employ the best fit-out / finishing site manager you'll ever meet ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE