The Hobbit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Gave up halfway through the last one. Really enjoyed the LOTR but thought the Hobbit is very poor indeed.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Regardless of what you think of what PJ has done with The Hobbit, you have to be excited about seeing the actual battle of five armies!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I have to say LOTR has influenced the last 40 / 50 years of Fantasy an Sci-Fi.... but it's just ******* bad the fimls made it interesting and had the odd moment but for the most part sucked. I know this isn't a popular opinion but most fantasy writing since has been tainted by his ideas and it's weakened the genera as a medium. Now I am BIAS about this but the best SCI-FI universe has all the magic an all the mech without polluting it's self Nipponese crap. Even in the surrielest jap stuff it just looks an sounds bad, but a english company back in the dark ages of the 80's made a game that was pure distilled awsome. Knights, Humans of all types and a really nice mix of aliens (that continues to this day if you discunt one jap freak who got a job an made the Tau weebo commies) that few people play (For good reason they are OP SUCK).

Hell you like your knights VS ORK's in mordoor, read anything from the HH series about Chondax,Like your evil kin stuff Well I have a offer for you....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Regardless of what you think of what PJ has done with The Hobbit, you have to be excited about seeing the actual battle of five armies!

?

I'm not going to see it - the last one was so bad I turned it off and went to bed. I'm certainly not wasting any time on another one :)

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Hobbit series is OK for what it is. Of course a small budget Hobbit single film could have got closer to the spirit of the book. I would have liked to see more of Bilbo walking through the countryside as did Tolkien who was imbued with the Donnish walking and talking spirit of his age.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I will admit to not having the same excitement for the release this time around, but there are a few things that I am looking forward to seeing :) It has to be said that PJ does exceedingly good battle scenes!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Title seems to clash with sone Game of Thrones stuff...

Battle of the 5 armies.... War of the 5 kings....... Game of thrones kicks this things bottom.... :D

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I will not be seeing this film. I loath what Jackson, dubbed "Hackson" by fans of Tolkien, has done to Tolkien's work. I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings, but have slowly come to dislike many aspects of those films. I saw the first Hobbit film and was so disappointed that I have not seen DoS, nor will I see this third instalment.

It's a cold and calculated, cgi-fest cash grab. Shame.

Last edited:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I have to say LOTR has influenced the last 40 / 50 years of Fantasy an Sci-Fi.... but it's just ******* bad the fimls made it interesting and had the odd moment but for the most part sucked. I know this isn't a popular opinion but most fantasy writing since has been tainted by his ideas and it's weakened the genera as a medium. Now I am BIAS about this but the best SCI-FI universe has all the magic an all the mech without polluting it's self Nipponese crap. Even in the surrielest jap stuff it just looks an sounds bad, but a english company back in the dark ages of the 80's made a game that was pure distilled awsome. Knights, Humans of all types and a really nice mix of aliens (that continues to this day if you discunt one jap freak who got a job an made the Tau weebo commies) that few people play (For good reason they are OP SUCK).

Hell you like your knights VS ORK's in mordoor, read anything from the HH series about Chondax,Like your evil kin stuff Well I have a offer for you....
I'm trying to decipher this...

:)

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
He span a 1000 page book into 3 films and then he span a 150 page book into 3 films. If he wanted more stories he should have gone to the silmarillion! That is just an overview not a novel!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE